[Ninja 4] Kai, Master of Fire

"What?! That's gonna take all day!"

You rolled your eyes at Jay's whining tone. You gently bumped the Ninjagoan with a fist. "It's not that bad."

"We have to go all the way to the store by foot!" Jay exclaimed. "Of course, it's bad! We have to walk all the way down the mountain, find the village, buy a bunch of groceries, and carry all that back here!"

"We need the food, though," Zane stated. "We can't simply live off of nothing."

"Yeah, food is pretty important," You muttered. You then exhaled, "I wish I could come with."

"...You aren't coming with?" Cole questioned.

"Uh, no," You shook your head. "Other people don't like me too much since," You motioned to yourself, "I'm not like you guys?"

"What?" Jay shook his head. "But you're, like, super cool and nice! Why wouldn't they like you?"

You held a tiny smile. "Trust me, I've tried going to a village, once, years ago," You sighed. "I had a couple of rocks thrown at me, and I don't want to get really hurt..."

Jay groaned as he lowered his head in sadness. "Man... We gotta make the whole trip without you, now?"

"Let's just get it over with," Cole shrugged with a small smile. "If we're lucky, we'll be back before the sun sets."

You waved to the three Ninjagoans as they set off for some groceries. You watched them descend the stairs for a couple of minutes before heading back into the monastery. Wu had left the monastery yesterday in search of the fourth and final Ninjagoan. Wu had told you to tell the others about shopping, as supplies were running low.

Apparently, there were some other expired products besides the tomatoes Cole used, two days ago.

So, the three ninja were tasked with getting more groceries, and you stayed at the monastery like you always do.

You stretched your back a bit before seating yourself on the pagoda's steps. You sniffed once before rubbing your nose with the back of your arm. Your nose has been on the runny side, as of late. You might be coming down with something.

You hope it wasn't anything too bad. You didn't want to be out of commission for a couple of days.

At least Maegearican illnesses aren't contagious towards your Ninjagoan friends. You didn't have to worry about getting your friends sick.

Still, you didn't want to be sick. You hated being sick, being stuck in bed, unable to get up and move around without feeling drained or weak. You try your best to avoid illnesses, though they certainly still manage to find you.

You crossed your legs and slowly shut your eyes. You focused on your body, on the way your body was situated, how your chest moved when you took breaths.

Though, you realised that it was a bit difficult to breathe with a runny nose. You kept sniffing every handful of seconds.

You shifted your attention to the world around you, listening to the silent environment of the monastery. You could hear the winds pass by the mountain. You could hear distant flaps of a bird's wings. You could hear distant breathing and footsteps slowly approaching the monastery.

You open your eyes in mild surprise and glance up at the monastery's exit. A handful of seconds pass, and soon the doors opened. Wu returned with his fourth and final newcomer.

"...learn how to fight in a place of peace?" You barely caught part of the newcomer's question as he entered and revealed himself. Out of your Ninjagoan friends, he seemed to be the strangest of them all, at least, according to his hairstyle. The newcomer's brown hair was all spiked upwards in a rather messy way. He wore a dark grey apron—a blacksmith's apron—over his dirtied red shirt and brown jeans.