[Musician 4] Crescendo

"Guess the scoreboard reads: Pythor, two; Ninja, zero," Jay let out a sigh after he spoke.

"Yeah, but all we need is one, and there's still two more to find," Cole mentioned.

The six of you had returned to Lou's house to simply stay the night. Tomorrow morning, you would return to the Bounty to search for the next Fangblade.

"Who knows?" Kai held a grin. "Maybe when I unlock my True Potential, I'll find the last two Fangblades." He then offered a shrug, "And, maybe, I'll become that cool green ninja we've heard a bit about."

You glanced down at your small cup of tea with a bit of an upset expression. So they haven't dropped that, even after everything.

How often were they discussing this when you weren't around?

"Don't think it'll be that easy," Jay sighed.

"Besides," Cole held a mischievous look as he glanced Kai's way, "the only thing you're destined for is a more-inflated ego."

Kai only rolled his eyes as he took a sip of his tea.

Lou had soon re-entered the living room with a framed photo in hand. "It may not be the trophy," Lou stepped up beside the gramophone and hung the photo upon the wall, "but it will look perfect, here."

Lou stepped back, and the four ninja rose from the couch to see the photo. You even went up to see it yourself, and from over the ninjas' heads, you could see the photo. The photo showed the four ninja atop the stage, with Cole holding onto the Blade Cup.

A small smile formed as you listened to the four quietly celebrate. 

"As far as I'm concerned," Lou turned to the five of you, "you're all my family, now."

Cole pulled his dad into a hug. "Thanks, Dad."

"Of course, son," Lou held a grin as he replied.

"Well, I think I'm heading in for the night," Kai let out a sigh. "Thank you so much for the drinks, Lou."

"Anytime, anytime," Lou pulled out of his hug and waved Kai off. "How does everyone feel about pancakes, tomorrow?"

"Dad, there's no need," Cole shook his head. "We'll just head back to the Bounty and grab something there."

"I insist," Lou proudly smiled. "Think of it as a little celebration, since I couldn't do much tonight."

"Being here is more than enough, Dad," Cole continued to press.

"Don't worry about it, son," Lou persisted.

"Then, uh, at least let me help," Cole stated.

Lou seemed taken aback before he grinned. "Of course."

~ ~ ~

Back upon the Bounty, things moved slowly once again. With no news of where the next Fangblade could be, all anyone could do was simply wait until news of Serpentine sightings arose once again.

So, in the meantime, you trained outside while the others were inside, you believed. From what you knew, the others were doing what they could to learn more about what the Serpentine were doing. Your reading wasn't as great as the others, and you weren't too familiar with how the Bridge's technical map worked. You felt you would've been slowing the others down.

You heard the main door to the Bounty open, and you glanced over to spot Jay exiting the Bridge.

"Hey, (Y/n)," Jay seemed a bit nervous as he approached you. Still, he held a smile as he asked, "You, uh... doing anything cool?"