[Family 1] Ed and Edna Walker

i used weird terms for different ship parts
they're all defined at the end just in case

~

You could hear a quiet tune coming from inside the ship.

"Yes!" You clearly heard Jay's shout. "I got the radio working!"

You held a small grin as you turned back to your task. The ruined sails of the boat resembled enormous folded dragon wings. The fabric was littered with holes and tears and a great layer of dust and sand covered it. Ropes tangled around the tall mast, some still seeming quite durable despite their age. You wanted to believe that everything was still salvageable. You've been using your Element to clean the sails off, and you're thinking of finding some sewing materials and climbing up to patch the holes in the sails.

You're probably the best person to do that, anyways, with your extended reach and fair practice. You might chat with Wu and Nya afterwards to ask about the best way to fix the sails, once they return.

"Heads up!" You glanced back to the doors into the ship. Cole gently moved through the open doors with a two-person couch upon his shoulders. It never ceases to amaze you how strong Cole is with his Element. "Old couch coming through."

You offered Cole enough room for him to pass as you continued cleaning the sails. You eventually calmed the winds and glanced towards the end of the boat. Cole dropped the large couch off the ship before heading back up and into the ship (but not before offering you a wave and asking if you needed any water).

You stepped off the ship and approached the growing pile of unwanted furniture. There was a sign posted up front you couldn't read. You glanced over the garbage for anything you could salvage.

The pile mostly consisted of stained furniture and carpet, though there were a few boxes of miscellaneous objects lying around. You checked through the boxes for a short bit. You managed to find an old bag, some spare fabric and string, and a scrap of metal you could use as a needle.

It should be good enough to patch the sails with. And if it isn't, you're sure you could fix it once Wu and Nya return with more supplies.

Well, if they do get some sewing supplies. You'd forgotten to tell them to purchase some. You're sure Wu would, but you never know.

With a worn bag of supplies, you headed back to the sail and stood before the mast. You stared up at the towering wooden pole before beginning your climb up the rigging. With the shape of the sails, it'll be difficult fixing the holes towards the farther ends. You'll just start from the inside and work your way outward.

You tossed your bag into the nest before hopping in yourself. You glanced up at the shredded flag still waving in the wind. You couldn't make much of the pattern, though you'd like to assume the black flag bore a white skull and crossbones as their pattern.

You've read some children's books before about pirates, so you knew the stereotypes.

There were also a few objects within the nest that survived the possible centuries of time. You found a broken handheld telescope, its metal rusted to the point of dust and its glass lenses missing. There was also a long length of rope that seemed quite sturdy enough to be used You left the telescope behind, though you ended up taking the rope with to help you with your task.

You tied the rope to the top of the mast before tying the other end around your waist. Most likely, it'll catch you if you slip and fall. Best case scenario when you slip, you bruise your hips and have to walk in pain for the next several days. Worst case, the rope snaps and you hit the ground, breaking something important.

Hopefully, it doesn't come to that.

Your bag hung upon your shoulders and draped over your chest, making it easier to reach for your materials. You slowly climbed down the mast towards the first hole you wanted to patch. The hole wasn't all that large, though you definitely needed a scrap of cloth to help even the fabric out. You found a stray piece of cloth in your bag and held it up to the hole. It seemed good enough, so you gathered your materials and began sewing.