[Intermission 4] The Weird Duo

another intermission because i'm not been writing a whole lot lol
i don't want another week of break lol i want to write but i'm just procrastination too much

~

Ever since the Serpentine's attack on Jamanakai, the ninja have actually been training with you.

Of course, they weren't training as hard as you were and they frequently found themselves unable to keep up with you, but it was better than nothing.

You were quite proud of the four for putting their all into it and frequently encouraged the quartet to keep going with their efforts.

You never know when the next attack might happen.

With your two kunai drawn, you faced off against Zane. Out of the four, Zane was the only ninja that wished to spar with you. He knew how much you've been practicing and wished to test himself against you to learn what he could do better.

Zane jumped ahead and threw one of his shurikens forward. You narrowly avoided the flying star and raised your kunai. You jumped ahead and threw an arm forward. Zane hopped to the side and kicked.

You easily avoided Zane's foot and moved to the side. You prepared yourself for another attack and dashed forward. 

Wisps of dark green flew past, and the world seemed to disappear. You flew forward and around for a while. You couldn't see anything, but you were too ecstatic to stop.

Spinjitzu. You're doing it!

You bumped into something, but you kept pushing forward. Breezes of chilling winds passed, but you held on to your power and kept fighting.

Eventually, though, you slipped on something.

You threw your arms out and hit the ground. The ground was freezing cold. You quickly attempted to get up, though you slipped again and fell onto your back.

You sat up and glanced at the ground. The ground was covered in a thick layer of ice.

"Are you alright, (Y/n)?" Zane stood beside you. He held out a hand.

You took Zane's hand. "I'm fine," You started to stand with Zane's help, though you immediately slipped and fell once more. Zane attempted to hold you up, though he fell down with you. "Ow..."

"Apologies," Zane quickly got back up. A ghost of a smile appeared on his face. "Are you able to get up?"

You rolled onto your back. "No," You said. 

Zane seemed to ponder something for a moment before he moved to your side. He dropped down onto his back beside you.

You glanced at the white ninja. "You okay?"

"I thought I would join you," Zane mentioned. 

You held a grin. "You don't have to."

"Do not worry," The white ninja sighed. "I quite like it here."

I let out a small sigh before slowly sitting up. "We shouldn't be lying around, though..." You glanced around the training course. Half the place was frozen over, and your other three ninja friends were standing by the monastery. Wu was with them, too. "We should get rid of the ice..." You got up to your feet to meet with the four.

Only to fall over one more time.

You slammed a fist on the ground and cursed in your native language. You gave up and sat up on your knees. You crawled your way over to solid, warmer ground before finally standing up without falling over. You went over to the four.

"...sitting in the fridge," You caught the end of Kai's sentence. "Scared the hell out of me," Kai let out a short sigh. "We like the guy, sure. He's really smart. He's just... a little off, sometimes."