[Intermission 1] Cure an Ailment

mention of [ninja 3]'s vomiting

also this is an unorthodox chapter lol???
i don't know what i'm doing with this book anymore

~

You coughed a few times before taking a deep breath in.

Your sickness has gotten a bit worse, over the last two days. You're positive it's only a cold, or maybe even the flu, but it feels a bit worse than usual.

Getting sick sucks.

You sat up in your bed and stared out the window. The sun had just started setting. You spent the whole day indoors, just like yesterday. You just couldn't muster enough energy to get out of your room.

You weren't missing out on too much, though. Cole had visited yesterday to tell you that he completed his test in record time. You were quite proud of him and congratulated him.

You rubbed an eye with the back of a hand before sniffing. You softly laughed at how awful you felt. You can't believe a little sickness could get you off your feet for so long. You were supposed to be a fighter, able to run through the training course without getting a scratch.

And yet, you're in bed, too tired to get up and do anything other than stare at the ceiling.

A knock sounded at the door. You didn't get a chance to respond when it opened. "Hi, (Y/n)!" The voice of Jay excitedly began. "We were planning on watching a movie, together! You wanna join?"

You squinted your eyes in confusion. "...Wasn't everyone training?" You questioned.

"Well, Kai actually fell over while training because he overworked himself and almost hurt his foot," Jay began, "so we're kind of forcing him to take a break, at least for the rest of today. Someone mentioned watching a movie... I think Cole did, and now we're wondering if you'd like to join!"

"I don't—..." You were about to say something along the lines of "sorry, I'm sick," though you recalled that you physically can't get the others sick. Still, you asked, "It won't bother you all that I'm sick, right?"

"Not really!" Jay stated. "Kai told us a while ago that you said you can't get us sick."

You let out a small sigh before slowly sitting up in bed. You shrugged with a smile. "Sure, I guess..."

You got up from your bed, a blanket draped around your shoulders, and followed Jay out and down the hall. Jay led you to the room he'd set up his gaming console, a while ago.

Right. Watching a movie meant staring at a screen.

You suppose you'll be alright. If it starts hurting your eyes, you'll just shut them, perhaps.

You entered the room to find the other three ninja inside. A bunch of bean-bag chairs, pillows, and blankets were strewn about. Kai was seated on a chair, looking quite agitated with his arms crossed, while Zane and Cole were beside the television, seemingly picking out a movie.

"I'm back!" Jay called. "And I brought (Y/n), too!"

"Hey," You offered a weak smile.

"Glad you could make it!" Cole sent a smile your way.

"Still don't know why I was dragged here," Kai muttered.

"You almost hurt yourself real bad, out there!" Jay exclaimed. "You need to take the rest of the day off."

"I'm just sitting here while my sister's out there, somewhere!" Kai argued.

"We aren't forcing you to stay here," Zane mentioned, "but we are telling you to not continue pushing yourself past your limit. Should you injure yourself beyond a twisted foot, it will only take more time to rescue your sister."