[ Chapter 36 : Game of Assassin ]

Start from the beginning

" No thanks " I said then lie my head back down on my arms while I sit down on this chair as she put it away on the table.

" The plan might've failed, but you got away, that's what that matter right? " Jemma asked.

" You can leave now, I want to be alone " I said, she curtsy before leaving me alone in this part of the garden.

Looking at the pond below where there's koi fishes swimming around with some dead leaves floating on the water. The air is getting chiller as the minutes pass, even though it's only early autumn it's already freezing and windy too. A warm cape was suddenly placed on my shoulders and I lift my head to look and see Faris.

" Faris " I sit up and he smiles.

I realized he put his cloak on me and I hold it to cover myself up.

" When did you get home? " I asked.

" An hour ago " he said then walk away to take a seat by the table.

I got up and sit down on the opposite of him, I notice his servant has prepared some hot meal in front of me.

" It's getting chiller these days, these should help you warm up especially when winter's the next season " he pour some for me.

" What's this? " I asked.

" Potato stew, I made it " he said.

" You cook? " I asked.

" I can do other things than just study rocks, cooking is one of them, but I'm not the best cook of course " he said, I chuckle and pick up my fork.

" Try it " he said.

I stab a potato and take a bite when the amazing flavor just spread through my mouth. My eyes lit up and I stack the potatoes on my fork.

" This is so much better than chocolate! " I shove the stacks in my mouth and chew.

The potatoes are soft and sweet with the seasoning making it the best stew I've ever tasted. I excitingly finish my plate and sit here warmly with the cloak around me.

" I've cook before but this is beyond my skills " I said and the servant pours a glass of water for me.

" Where'd you learn to cook? " I asked.

" I go out on expeditions for my work, sometimes I need to sleep in the forest when there aren't any inns around "

My mouth is still full and I drink my water.

" You must be exhausted and hungry after playing a game of assassin all morning "

!!

I hold my glass cup as I averted my eyes to him and he picks up the big spoon to scoop the bowl of stew. He glanced at me and I look away lowering my cup and head while swallowing the potatoes in my mouth.

" Here, have another serving " he slides my plate back to me and I clear my mouth.

He doesn't sound pissed about it.

" Seems like I can't really hide anything from you " I put down my cup and fork.

" You should use a different dagger next time " I snicker.

" Worth the shot anyways "

" You really think killing her would solve everything? " He asked.

" She tried to kill me first, so why don't I make it even?, I failed anyways like she did, so it's fair " I said, he sighs.

" If mother finds out what do you think she'll thought of this?, Or worse, what if Talia finds out?, She certainly won't take that lightly " he said.

" She had her ways around the house, it wasn't enough for her so she bullies everyone including mom, she would even let her own children to behave the same way she does " I said.