Chapter Thirty-One

The chickens had in fact woken me up early in the morning, clucking loudly below the bedroom window, the sun light was streaming through the silk white curtains, and I rolled over in best efforts to go back to sleep. Even with my best efforts it was almost impossible, and I decided that I should get started on my day, I started by feeding the chickens and collecting all the eggs, before washing and placing them in the wicker basket in the fridge. 

I settled on a healthy bowl of cereal for breakfast reminding myself to pick up food when I buy the car today, not wanting to take another trip out later in the evening. I decided to sit on the front porch, on the wooden bench that overlooked the small strip of road and the fields behind. There were no other people round and the sound of the country made me smile. 

Part of me felt lonely, I have always lived with others around me, I missed being able to watch movies with Mia or go out for food with work collages. Even when I lived with Giovanni, I had found others to interact with, but here there is no one unless I want to travel for miles. When baby is born, I won't feel so alone but there is still another three months to go, unless his decides to make an early visit which I doubt he will. 

I pick out one of the outfits from my backpack, before using my cousin's landline phone to contact a taxi service to take me to the man selling the car. I really hope that it all works fine, and that I can buy it today, as there is so much, I need to get done. To be truthful my cousin said that they will be home in a few months, but I believe they will come home earlier, meaning that I need to start looking at places to rent. 

The taxi arrived quicker than what I expected, and I locked up the house before climbing into the back I had already messaged the seller and he was at home waiting for me to arrive. The car was only going to cost 200 pounds due to the age of the car and the condition, but that doesn't bother me I will upgrade the car when I have a permanent job.  Me and the driver had small talk about the area and what brought me here, of course he could tell that I had not lived there long as I do not have their accent. Of course, I had lied saying that I wanted a fresh start for my family which I suppose is slightly true I just skipped the part of the crazy husband. 

 Eventually we arrived outside the seller's house, he lived in the small village, which was surprisingly busy for a Tuesday morning, perhaps it was school rush. His house looked slightly run down and there where children's toys in the front garden, I knocked on the door timidly as I waited patiently. I could hear him moving around and speaking to what sounded like his partner before he pulled the white plastic door open. 

"You must be V, let me grab the keys are I'll show you the beauty." He chuckled as I offered a smile in respond, he disappeared for a few seconds, and I saw the curtains be pulled slightly and his wife sneaking a look at me for a second before disappearing again. He leaves the house shutting the door as I follow him to the red car, parked across the road. Just like the pictures had shown the car had a few scrapes and the paint work was chipped, the inside smelt slightly like damp, but everything worked including the radio. 

It didn't take me long to decide to buy the car and I handed him the money as he passed over all the paperwork and car keys, before bidding our goodbyes. I sat in the car adjusting the seat to get comfy before starting the old banger and heading into the village shopping centre on the hunt for a new phone and some food. 

I had not driven a car like this before, and considering the age of it, it ran very smoothly which surprised me. The roads where no was near as busy as they had been earlier, and I was at the shopping centre in less than ten minutes. 

The shopping centre was virtually empty, and I took my time to digest all the shops that where available before heading into a grocery shop. I grabbed a trolley knowing that I was going to need it and headed directly to the clothes section picking up some comfy clothes for myself and baby boy clothes for his arrival not wanting to have nothing for him. I found him some cute boots and an Onzie before heading towards the phone selection picking up the cheapest phone I could find, I only needed it for messaging others, having social media would only make it easier for Giovanni to find me.  

Along the way I grabbed a selection of fresh fruits, cholates and other items to fill up the cupboards back at the house, before heading to the till to pay. The lady at the register was an older lady and struck up a conversation surrounding my pregnancy and plans for the rest of the day, she sweet enough however I could tell that the customer was getting agitated with the wait time, so I quickly bid her my goodbye's before heading back to the car, bags in hand. 

When I arrived back at the house it felt so empty, and I made myself busy by putting away all the food and checking on the chickens once more. I was tempted to log into my Facebook account on the computer to see if Mia had messaged me, however, knew it was a stupid idea and one that was only going to get me found so instead I settled on the sofa to watch a movie.

I had lost numerous hours watching movies, and my stomach rumbled with hunger making me finally move from the comfort and towards the kitchen to start preparing some lunch for me and baby. I wondered what was happening back at home. 

Was Giovanni going crazy trying to find me? I doubt that very much he was probably hoping I had died or something. Or he was shoving himself in another girl, not that I care anyway he can do what he wants now that I am gone.