Chapter Thirty-Four

Giovanni's POV 

As soon as I heard her sweet tone echo through the phone, I felt the heat of my blood rise as I tore away the wires that are attached to me. I needed her right now. The machines started going crazy as I stand up from the bed 

My sisters' eyes widened as she stared at me frozen, the phone held tightly in her hand as she stepped backwards slightly. I felt my body was weaker but that didn't stop me from ripping the phone out of her hand. 

"Hello V." I heard her gasp, there was a brief pause before the phone call ended and I turned my attention to my sister. "Where the fuck is she?" Lily shook her head snatching her phone back from my hand as I stepped towards her, I could feel the fear in her body as I punched the wall beside her leaving a dent. 

"I'm not telling you..." She almost whispers as her hands shake slightly. 

"Do you want me to shoot you dead. Where the fuck is she?" 

"Why do you care? You are the one who sent her away! You are the one who made her life hell! If you don't love her let her or your child leave her!" Lily shouts towards me as I storm out of the room grabbing my own phone of the side to call her stupid 'husband' to come and collect her. 

If she is not going to help me then I am going to find someone who will. 

V's Pov

His voice was so raspy and raw, even in his voice I could tell that he was tired, my heart had not stopped pounding since the phone called had abruptly ended. I wanted to run, but I knew I was safe here at least for a while whilst I figured out a new plan. Running cannot be a continuous option the baby is due in two months, and he needs a permeant home, one where I do not have to worry about being found. 

But I trust Lilly, for some unknown strange reason I know that she is not going to exploit where I am staying, I think it's partly because she now knows the feelings that I have been going through, now that she is stuck being forced to marry that idiot of a man. 

I had spoken to my cousin only the other day, he had no plans of coming home anytime soon, which brought me some time. He had also discussed the potential of him staying out there with his family as for some reason they preferred it, which is fine as I know that he will let me stay until the house was sold. I very much doubt they will permanently stay out there; their home here was too beautiful; the children have started school and nursery and made friends. 

But one day I will own a home like this, and will never have to worry again..

The morning had rolled round, and I had spent the night tossing and turning dreaming about Giovanni coming to find me. I had woken up once during the night sweating profusely as I could have sworn his cold hands had grabbed my neck, and it took me a while to get my breaths back to normal, seeing the sunlight and being able to start my day made me feel instantly better. 

Today I needed to start looking for jobs, eventually the money is going to run out, and this means that I won't be able to provide for my baby, alongside that if they come home any earlier, I will have to start paying for hotels or apartments which will slowly drain the money that I do have. 

I grabbed some clothes that I had thrown onto the white cream carpet, and pulled the onto my body, they fitted very tight against my bump, and I knew that very quickly I was going to need more clothes. However, I am sure that my cousin would not mind If I browed one of his tops as he is on the larger side himself. 

The temperature had dropped massively and inside the car felt like I was stood inside an igloo. I flipped the heating on immediately and drove towards the direction that I felt was the shops, there are very few signs in this area, which was good as it means it will be harder for Giovanni to find me. 

The town centre was surprisingly quiet, considering the fact that it was the middle off the day, there are very few big brand shops, instead it was small business and charity shops, neither of which I minded. I headed straight to the charity shop to look at the clothes and found a few bits and bobs that would fit my bump, the customers where mainly elderly ladies looking down their noses at me for being pregnant, young and without the father. I ignored them however and continued my search for clothes to wear, of course I had to take a little stop to look at the baby clothes.

 There are tons and tons of them, crochet and knitted dresses and jumpers and hats, as well as shoes. I grabbed a few of the boy's selection and brought them to the till as well as my own clothes and let the lady scan all the pieces. She didn't look at me and made very little effort to have a conversation. I couldn't care less, I paid for the items, which rang up to a whooping price of 20 quid which is very good all things considered before leaving and heading to the next shop. 

I went in roughly 5 or 10 shops, each time looking to see if there was a sign up for hiring, however none of them did. I instantly became more and more worried, without a job I am unable to provide for my baby, and it wasn't like I could ask the father. 

I decided that I was better looking for jobs online and applying that way, or perhaps see if there was a job that I could do online, although I very much doubt that there will be one. I wondered if Giovanni would be on his way already or weather, he was still trying to get the information out of Lilly.