Chapter Thirty Seven

V's POV 

That cry made everyone turn their attention instantly to him even though it had been so quite everyone was in complete and utter shock, the baby had been born 10 minutes ago and had not muttered a single sound since. The paramedic was convinced that he was not breathing and had started CPR and that had not worked either, but as soon as he was in his father hands he makes a noise. 

Instantly Giovanni almost threw our son to me as he headed towards the door, by this point my son had started hysterically crying. I was not going to complain, I could smell the stench of cigarette's as he lit one up. I allowed myself to cry as I cradled him into my chest, he didn't stop crying. 

The paramedic helped assist me up from the sofa as we walked towards the ambulance, Giovanni eyes burned into my body as I walked past and I could feel the anger from him  burn into my body. Lily was to scarred to follow as she sat on the bottom step of the house crying into Salvatore's arms.  

I wasn't sure if he was going to follow with me. 

I knew that he was angry with me, I almost risked the life of his heir. 

But surly he wasn't going to leave me alone to go to the hospital. 

His face continued to show no emotion like normal and as he flicked his cigarette onto the floor and as me and baby where placed onto the hospital bed, I watched as he walked towards the black SUV parked out of the front. 

He followed close behind the ambulance and as we travelled through the country and towards the city I realised that more black SUV  had joined behind Giovanni following us to the hospital. Each car had at least two men in there and I could see the loaded guns that they where holding ready to shoot. 

Everything is going to change now. He has a heir to his throne. 

The ambulance had not taken me to a normal hospital, this was a private one with gated driveway, that opened and allowed everyone to follow behind. A fountain was in the middle of the driveaway and I could see littlie fish swimming around as the water spilled from the top. 

A nurse was already waiting on the step to take me in a wheelchair up to the my room, another lady stood next to her in a different uniform and as soon as they moved me from the back of the ambulance she took my son out of her hands. I could see Giovanni instantly direct three men to follow her, she did not seem bothered like she was used to this. 

I could see Giovanni speaking to his men, as the nurse stepped towards me. "Valarie isn't it, I am nurse Harriet and I will be taking care of you today, if that is okay?" She asks as I nod my head, the paramedics push me into the double doors of the entrance as Giovanni storms towards me. 

The room was an eerie white, and it made my eyes sore, I wanted to spend as littlie time as possible in this hospital or without my son, but the nurse explained that I was going to have to at least spend the night hear as they needed to push extra blood and fluid through my body. Because I was a nurse previously I knew that it was going to take at least ten hours, and I buried my head into the pillow, my body feeling tired and weak. 

 Giovanni had thrown himself onto the black sofa, talking rapidly in Italian on the phone to god knows who. I prayed in my head that he would spend the rest of the night on the phone so I did not have to speak to him. I knew I was going to be in big big trouble. I pretended to be asleep as he ended the phone call, bit I felt his body heat and the sound of his shoes hitting the cold laminated floor, and knew he was stood next to me. 

"I know you are not asleep V." He states as I roll over onto my side and look up at him. I offer him a slightly smile but I knew that no matter how sweet and innocence I look it is not going to stop how angry his is. "What the fuck where you thinking?"

"I'm not in the mood to argue with you about this." I state as I shut my heads once again. "In fact go being me my son." I state as I hear him grumble before he slams the door open and wonders of leaving me alone for the minute. If I hadn't have had so much painkillers I would have burst into tears but I am struggling to keep my own eyes open. 

It was only when the door opened again did my eyes flicker open, and in walked a nurse pushing my son in his incubator, the three men that Giovanni had sent to watch entered the room and I rolled my eyes.  "Giovanni get them out of here." 

He chose to ignore me as the three men loitered around the room there guns locked in the hands ready to shoot. The nurse placed my son into my arms as I adjusted myself so I was sat up more than I was before. 

"Has he got a name yet?" she asked as I flickered my eyes towards Giovanni. 

"No not yet." I state as he begins crying slightly. "Aw you're hungry baby." I state as I pull my top down so that he can latch onto my breast. In less than a second Giovanni is next to me covering me with the covers from the bed. 

"Get out now!" He instructs to the men angrily.