Chapter Thirty Nine

I had to spend two days in the hospital with Adriano, as they where concerned about him not getting enough oxygen when he was born, and where worried about all the blood loss. However after they had triple checked him they decided it was okay to send us home. I wanted to return back to the house in the middle of nowhere but I knew that it was never going to happen with Giovanni back in the picture now. 

But to be honest he was right about one thing, even though I do not want it to be his future, Adriano is the next leader and there are people that would happily harm him to get back at Giovanni. I do know what kind of work he does, and the kind of world that he lives in, but I wouldn't take back that night on the boat, because if I did my baby would never have been born, and he is the best thing that has ever happened to me.   

I had been given new clothes to wear home, and Adriano had been dressed by his auntie in some rather cute all white baby clothes. Apparently in there family it is tradition for the baby to wear all white for at least the first week, I'm not entirely sure why. 

Giovanni had obviously sent someone to get all the bits that we would need for the new arrival including a pram, dummies, toys and a car seat just to name a few. And as Adriano was getting placed into the car, I went around to the nurses that had cared for the both of us and thanked them one by one. 

All of the men that had arrived with us, had all stayed for the entire two days and where going to be escorting us on the long drive home. I threw some bags into the boot of the car and climbed in the front seat next to Giovanni. Adriano is sound asleep in the back, and I know I am going to have move back there when he wakes up, but to be honest he has been sleeping really well ever since he was born only waking for a feed and the going back to sleep. 

The car rumbled and started as the gates reopened for us once again, the sky is a light blue with clouds littering the sky and the sun rays shining through the glass of the window onto my face. The fleet of back SUV'S followed once, all of the ready to shoot for whatever reason as we followed the road out of the hospital and onto the long road home. 

"Giovanni things are going to need to change from now on." I state as I clench my hands into one another due to the nerves. This was a conversation I wanted to have ages ago but didn't want to cause another argument in the hospital. 

"And what changes do you require?" He says his voice not as snarly as it used to be, perhaps due to the sleeping newborn we have in the back. 

"Giovanni, I know this relationship is not based around love. I do not expect for us to pretend that we are in love. I will raise Adriano in your home, and when he turns twenty one he will make his own decision around taking over the Mafia." I state as he glances over at me. 

"And what about the other children that we have?" He says as I chuckle slightly. 

"What other children..." 

"Well you can't leave him as an only child." Giovanni says and I ponder the thought for a moment, he is right being an only child does shape the way a child develops especially living in a empty house like ours. 

"We will see Gio." I state as I lean back onto the cold leather of the seat, knowing that the car journey was going to be a long one. Out of the corner of my eye I could see him smirking slightly, clearly hopeful that he will have the chances of having another son. 

We will see what Adriano's choice is in twenty one years....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - I know this is going to cause havoc, however this is the official end of the book. There will be a second book soon, following the life of Adriano and his choice when he becomes old enough. Alongside this I am going to heavily re-write this book as you can imagine there are holes in both the plot and character and it has been bothering me massively. I will let you know when this is done so if you wish you can reread it. 

I want to say the biggest thank you from the bottom of my heart, to everyone that has read this book, and sorry that I did not make it to the highest level of standard. But you have all sent me the kindness messages and without you guys this book would never have reached almost 500k reads! I love you all and thank you!