Chapter Twenty Seven

Driving away I wondered if there was an ulterior motive as to why he had allowed me to leave, he is a mafia man after all and after trapping me here for months on end it just seems strange. But there is no reason as to why I should complain I finally have gotten what I wanted, to be free.

Of course, I had a plan I was not stupid enough to simply just leave and think that he would not come and kidnap me again, and I dread to even think about what would happen if someone was to see me with his son. I shudder thinking of all the pain he would cause me for putting his 'heir' to the throne in line of danger. 

I drove foot the floor going as fast as I possibly could not caring if I was going to get caught by the police, I wanted to get home as soon as possible. Giovanni had given me a phone which of course had his number in it, and he ensured me that he would be calling me regularly to make sure where I was. I was also smart enough to know that there was a tracker on the phone so he could see my exact location at any given moment. What he did not know is that I am smarter than any technology out there especially when my son's life depended on it. 

As soon as I reached the broken stone stairway of our home, I rushed up the steps desperate to unlock the door and enter into the warmth, I had lost my keys somewhen during the stay at Giovanni's and had to use the key hidden under the mat to let myself in. I had not spoken to Mia in a long period of time however I gathered she was not at home due to the lack of her car being parked out of the front. 

The familiar scent of our home hit my nose as I slammed the door and headed directly to the kitchen, the place was not as clean as when I had left it. There where dirty plates that littered the kitchen counter and it appeared as though the windows had not been opened in a while as there was a musky scent wafting from the kitchen. Mia must have left food in there to go bad as she travelled the world with her new lover boy.

It was not long until I set about making the house my home once again, cleaning the kitchen, opening the windows to remove the smell, dusting and wiping down all the furniture. And just like that the house felt like home again. My room was the exact same as I had left it, the same fresh pile of clothes was left on the floor and the draws where all wide open. I quickly went about reorganising the mess a smile still on my face regardless of the fact that I was cleaning. I was home and that is all that mattered. However, I know that this cannot be a long stay home, instead it is just a visit, I was given a second chance of leaving Giovanni and the messy life that he leads, one that he wishes to get my son involved in. 

 Giovanni's POV - 

V was naive to say the least, living in her own fairy tale world where she believes that she can't be shot dead in a second, she is carrying a Mafia leader's offspring and as a result she has to live with the fact that she is a constant moving target. I have ensured that she has constant security and surveillance from my men, however I have a large proportion of business to attend to over the next few months are I need her away from me.  

Both Lee and Mike entered the room as I heard her drive away from the house, these men where to be her bodyguards for the next few months ensure that she does not find herself in trouble like she does on most occasions. The only difference is she is not going to know that they are following and watching her every move especially with the additional heat that has been added from La Demarte. 

My father's decision to marry off Lily to the alternative mafia leader Larenzo had caused a massive stir from all the others Mafia's. There had been numerous meetings before hand, and although controversial I too agreed that marrying those two was the best idea. Now the two of us had double the land, double the weapons and double the brains, plus he was an honest man and one that I willingly would trust. This just adds to another reason why I wished that this child V is carrying is a boy, in the future I will have to deal with the hassle of finding her a suitable mafia man to marry her. 

"Boss the tracker is in action, we are able to locate her every movement, she is heading in the direction of her house like we expected. We also have knowledge that her roommate Mia has not been home in a long period of time and is suspected that she is staying with her partner." Mike states as I stare at the two of them. 

"I want to make this very clear. You have the duty to ensure the safety of my offspring, I will personally handle any errors made myself. Do I make myself clear?" The two men do not speak instead nod their heads as I excuse them from the conversation. It is not hard to keep track of a heavily pregnant women especially one like V.

She stood out like a sore thumb; she is petite however is supporting a large bump, she looks innocent and sweet and your aspect for her to have a soft tone and manner however she is loud, stubborn and aggressive. I had gone through all her background information, and I was unable to locate much at all, she has parents but finding their names proved to be a struggled. I had however found out that her mother was a nurse and studied at the same university as V did. 

My father to hand of course gone through all the background information on her and was usurpingly not happy with the idea of me being with such a woman. In his eyes she had nothing to give me that I did not already have, and he understood that I could have had a much better pick, but my mother was adamant that an heir would not be turned away. My father of course stated that If I was to not marry V then he would pick someone out for me, like he did for my sister, and although V was unbearable at times, would rather be stuck with her than another random bitch. 

V's Pov 

I had messaged Mia twice since I had arrived home and there was no response, of course I was worried about her safety, but I also understood that she was much smarted and safer than me. I wished was here however so we could catch up on everything we have missed over the past few months, and I know that she would be interested in the baby updates. I can already imagen the freak out that would occur when she finds out that I am in fact having a son rather than the daughter that she expected. 

But I will never be able to tell her, the risk is too high, I suppose I wanted her home so I could wish her a proper final goodbye. I will never be able to return back to this home, it will never be safe. 

-------------

A/N - There have been so many questions surrounding this book and weather is it completed or not. The book was completed, that was before I read through the book and realised that the plot line had inconsistency in it and did not end how I intended for it. Therefore, I am having to go through those chapters and edit them before re-posting them once more. I am trying to make sure that there is not a large wait for each chapter, and I tend to post three or four at the same time for you guys, however I am a Uni student and as a result do not have a large amount of time, so I do apologise for any delay. 

Furthermore, I have seen some really lovely comments on this book, and I just wanted to say thank you so much for the love and support it really means a lot to me. I have really loved reading through each and every comment on the book and hearing your own opinions and feedback so thank you again.