Chapter Six

Even after that steamy exchange I was furious at Giovanni, not only for leaving me hanging but for also forcing me to start my life over again in a way in which suited him. I wanted to work to help my community and save lives. I also wanted to be with Mia, who understood me better than any other person I had ever met. But It wasn't my choice, like the bartender had said, I should have stayed away from him, and then perhaps I wouldn't be stuck in this position. 

I do wonder how he owns a gated community, and how he has so much control and influence over other people. But that was not something that I was most worried about, I desperately  wanted to go home, to no longer be around him. 

I adjusted my clothes before leaving his office and heading upstairs to my new bedroom, the nursery was beautifully decorated, however as I stepped inside once again to take a better look, I realise that there was dust covering every inch of this room. Giovanni hadn't had this room decorated for me before, this had been done a long time ago, and for someone else. Perhaps he had another child with someone else, and she left him? 

Thoughts ran through my head as I pushed open a bedroom window so that some fresh air could enter, I would clean everything in here tomorrow and remember to ask about tomorrow about it to Giovanni  when he was in a better mood. Currently I had other things to do, and this was to get my job back. 

Now obviously I wouldn't be able to get my old job back, that was because Giovanni would never let me leave here. However I am sure that hospital where I had my pregnancy scans done would except me, especially because of how busy it was when I last went.  I got dressed in all black outfit that was in the wardrobe in the main bedroom, before pulling my hair in a professional slick back bun, leaving to go to the hospital. 

The walk was only ten minutes however I was out of breath when I arrived and had to spend a few moments catching my breath before I entered. Heading towards the desk I could see that the enter waiting areas was full of patients needing medical help. Some of them where young children others where elderly adults who most likely had a fall and as a result now have a broken bone. I arrived at the front desk smoothing down my dress before waiting for the receptionist attention to be on me. 

"Miss Stone, sorry to keep you waiting is everything okay?" The lady asks, as she pours all of her attention towards me. Clearly news had spread that I was dating their 'leader' or whatever he was, this whole gated community thing was extremely weird to me. "Do you need to see a doctor I can arrange it immediately!" She says her eyes full of fear and panic. 

I shake my head before offering her a small smile demonstrating that I am nothing like Giovanni. "Who should I speak to about getting a job here?" I ask as her mouth drops open and the other receptionist's turn their attention towards me. 

"Umm... well I'm not to sure, Mr Azirine owns this hospital, so I would assume you would have to ask him!" She says looking at other women on reception to make sure she has said the correct thing. 

"Where would I find Mr Azirine?" I ask as she offers me a small smile, I really wanted to be able to work here so that I could do something with my day rather than doing nothing in Giovanni's large house. 

"Mr Azirine is Giovanni Miss." Another receptionist said causing me to roll my eyes, not towards her, but because of the fact that I had not thought to think that he would of course own the hospital as it is his 'community.' 

"Perfect! Well what ward needs the most help?" I ask towards the receptionist who all seem both confused and puzzled. 

"A&E but..." I cut her off thanking the ladies before heading directly to the A&E department to find the nurse in charge. Almost immediately I found her, she was a rather plump lady dressed in her blue uniform with wrinkles all across her face, I would guess she was around the age of late 50's, however I couldn't be sure.