Chapter Nineteen

It wasn't long before the both of us where dressed and ready for the day ahead, of course due to the fact that we are on holiday, I decided to swap the underwear for a bikini just in case we decided to go for a swim. Plus, Giovanni had planned the day, therefore I have no idea what to expect, covering up the very skimpy bikini was a flowy white dress, with black sandals to complete the outfit. 

Giovanni was of course wearing a suit, regardless of the heat he always looked smart and presentable, and never not even for a second allowed anyone to have a glimpse of the real him. I followed him outside where we are met with the same SUV from last night, however there is no driver, instead Giovanni takes the driver's seat, and I climb into the front next to him. 

"No driver today?" 

"No, this is our honeymoon I do not need my men seeing what happens behind closed doors." He states rather sternly, reminding me once again that he is a cold Mafia man, and not the fake romantic husband that I made up in my head. 

"Where are we going?" 

"Shopping, there is not much food at the villa, and we are far away from any villages." I nod my head once again distracting myself with the view of the country. Giovanni's phone rings causing him to slide it out of his front pocket and answer it. Of Couse he does not speak in English, the one language that I know and understand, instead he speaks in his native tongue Italian. 

From what I have gathered, and I have not gathered much over the few months on and off I have spent with him, is that a large amount of his men speaks Italian, of course they all speak perfectly fine English, but they do it when they are speaking about business.  

"Why do you speak Italian when I ama round?" I ask as he hangs the phone up and throws it onto the seat next to me. 

"Because it is business, business that does not involve you, and things that will get you killed." He states as I raise my eyebrows before giving up with that conversation and grabbing his phone. I was not planning on looking through his messages, because I am only going to end up getting myself angry again, and when you are thousands of miles away there is nowhere to run. 

Instead, I use his phone to sign into my social media and message back all my friends and family that have messaged me over the past few days. Before long I was lost scrolling through videos on TikTok of baby names, and baby nurseries.  I was so indulged that I had not noticed Giovanni parking the car up, or the fact that he is now looking over my shoulder. 

"Bella is the best name out of that lot." He states as I jump out of my skin slightly, before turning to face him. 

"No." I bite back annoyed, he had to pick the most basic Italian name that there is. He just frowned slightly before offering out his hand, like I was a naughty child that had something he wanted. 

"My phone Bella." He asks as I reluctantly hand his phone back, my eyes almost rolling into the back of my head as he called me Bella, before forcing the door open and jumping out. I can fell that Bella is going to stick as my pet name for a while now. 

The shopping market was empty, there was a small handful of people floating around, I had grabbed a basket knowing that we were going to be buying a large amount of food and I was right. Giovanni was grabbing an array of different meats, breads, fruits everything, I of course had to grab some pickles which sparked my pregnant ass attention. 

When we reached the checkout, I unloaded everything we had brought, as the checkout lady sparked a conversation with Giovanni, shooting me dirty looks as she scanned all of our food. I walked away sitting down on the chairs near the exit digging into my pickles whilst Giovanni paid and bagged the food. 

Even though I pretended as though I couldn't hear them or see them, I could as I was eating my pickles, I observed the conversation that they are having, even though she had a small elderly person waiting she was still harassing Giovanni about something or another. It wasn't long before I watched Giovanni pull out his phone and hand it to her, as she typed in her number with her perfectly pedicured nails before handing back the phone to him. 

Of course, he smiled back towards her before grabbing the bags of shopping and heading towards me, I reminded myself that although I wanted to start a screaming match in the middle of the shop, I only had to put up with this prick for a year before I could leave and live my life. 

"Bella could you please get the keys out my pocket." He asks as I roll my eyes before sliding my hand into his front pocket, only to emerge moments later with the key unlocking the car and climbing into the front seat leaving him to load up the bags by himself.  

"The agreement was that you are a good wife." He says as he slips into the front seat taking the key out of my hands. I bite my tongue waiting to explode into a fit of a rage above the fact that he isn't exactly being the perfect husband either. However, I decide just to sit in silence as we head back towards the villa next to the ocean. 

The drive took forever, and Giovanni spent most of the time of the phone speaking Italian to someone who sounded like his dad, however it was hard to work out. I had finished my pickles and with no phone to scroll through I had started picking at my nails praying that time would go faster. 

I had reluctantly helped bring the shopping inside and placed it all away in the correct cupboards before deciding that I was too hot. The weather had reached 30 degrees and I was starting to become sticky and sweaty. There was a path from the back garden that leads down to the beach and the ocean, and I decided that it was time for a swim. 

Slipping of the white dress that was covering my bump and my bikini, I headed towards the beach leaving Giovanni inside the house to continue making more and more phone calls. As soon as I saw the water I walked faster and faster until I was there. The ocean has always been something that captivates me, it is so beautiful and so are all the creatures that swim in it, especially turtles.   

I glide into the water allowing the cool water to cover my entire body, my entire body feels fresh and clean and the sun beaming onto my skin makes me feel as though I am in heaven. My baby is clearly enjoying it as I felt the slight movement of him in my stomach as I float around. 

Giovanni joins me, he has ditched the suit and instead is wearing black swimming bottoms his ripped body shinning in the water as he glides towards me. "Hello." I look up at him through my eyelashes as I stand up in the water, he looks me up and down not saying anything, his eyes taking in every part of my body before stopping at my pregnant stomach that has grown slightly more over the past few weeks. He pressed his body against my own as he wrapped his hands around my pregnant stomach almost rubbing it slightly. 

This brief interaction made me smile, I'm not stupid enough to fall in love with this man but I can enjoy the moments that we do have.