Chapter Twenty Nine

Giovanni's POV

I had ended the call with my sister allowing her to do what she does best and track her down. I know that she might directly find V, but she will be able to give me clues or information surrounding her whereabouts. He had also sent some of his best men round to her house to search for any idea where she may be, and to also kill the two useless men he had sent round before.

He has chained smoke any entire pack of cigarettes as he checked his phone repeatedly for any reports, the anger of being unable to do anything picked away at him. When he finds her, he will be having some very serious words.

Finally, after what felt like ages the phone rang once again, and Giovanni hit the accept button immediately. "So, I found somethings that might be useful to you, her location on her phone is obviously displaying that she is in her house, her messages show that she has only messaged Mia, but she never responded. There are no bookings for any flights or apartments however she was viewing flights to Australia so perhaps that is where she is heading." I couldn't help but let out a loud sigh as I took another draw from the cigarettes.

"Thank you, Lily." I state as she responds back and hangs up the phone only leaving my brain to search where she might have gone and with who. Unless perhaps this was not planned and she had been taken, epically with the heat from the other Mafia leaders it could be possible.

V's POV -

After leaving the apartment I was able to find an available taxi that was able to take me to the airport, the man was pleasant enough however only spoke broken English. He asked where I was going which I of course lied about not wanting Giovanni to track him down and beat it out of him. I knew that I had limited time until they realised, I was gone, and the search began. It could have even started already, however as long as she was able to reach her destination, she was safe. They would never be able to find her Dublin.

The airport was packed full of people, mainly families traveling to their holiday destination their large suitcases in tow. I followed the crowd heading directly towards the reception desk, which was already packed with a que of people, I joined to the end of que biting my lip with nerves, every second I stood still here they could be finding out that I had left.

Baby kicked me hard in the stomach demonstrating that he knew that I was nervous, I placed a hand on the area that he had kicked, and he instantly stopped as I let a small smile spread across my lips. I can't wait to be able to meet him and hold him in my arms, we are so close to being free, where I do not have to worry about him being dragged into the life of a mafia leader.

"Hey how can I help you today?" The lady asks her red lips parting to display a smile which I return, before pulling my purse from my pocket.

"Can I book for the next flight to Dublin please." She nods her head back and types her manicured nails onto her keyboard her lips pursing together as she scans the bright screen.

"There is one in half an hour, did you want a return?" She asks as I shake my head my heart beating faster, knowing that Giovanni will kill me if he finds out I am leaving the country. "That fine it's going to be a hundred and seven pounds. I just need your first and last name."

I handed her the money as she counts it and places it into her till giving me back the three-pound change as she types in my name onto the system. Nerves raised higher as I worried about Giovanni seeing my name on the flight list, he is a dangerous man and not one that I want to meet again. "Perfect have a safe flight." She states as she hands me the ticket and points me in the direction of security which I immediately head towards.

Just like before security took ages and with no phone to distract myself, I found myself people watching, there were mainly only family's waiting in the que, I find myself watching a family of 5, the mother looks similar to me with her long dark hair, she holds one of her children in her arms, the little boy only looks around 2 whereas her other to children, who are playing on the floor with their cars looks slightly older maybe seven and they were both twins. Of course, there playing together was short and abrupt as they start bickering between the two of them over who gets to play with what car. The tired mother looks at them before interrupting their argument whilst the father is still engrossed in his phone not once bothering to look or pay attention to his children or his wife.

I wonder if that would have been me and Giovanni, he never gave me the vibe that he was a family man, which isn't surprising considering he didn't care about his child. But would he have ever helped care for our babies or would I have been left to look after them?

The que moves forward, and the mother forces the boys to stand up of the floor and follow the que along, it wasn't long until I had lost sight of the family and was placing my bag in the scanner. Thankfully I never got beeped and was able to progress on without any hassle. Of course, I got the occasional funny look from other women, starring at my large stomach and the fact that I had no partner accompanying me, but it didn't bother me they could give me as many sorry full looks as they wished this is what I wanted.

They announced the plane gate, and like others I beelined straight towards it wanted to sit down for the brief period of time that it took to fly from England to Dublin. Because it was such a short journey the plane was rather small and therefore made it quicker to bored, it was only in that moment that I realised the family I had been people watching where also joining me on the flight. The mother and the youngest child sat next to me whilst the father and the two twins sat in the row in front of us. I offered her a slight small, which she returned as she placed her youngest next to me, his little eyes starred at my large bump before looking at me making me chuckle slightly. Children are the cutest things ever, and very very soon I will have my own.

As the plane started to take of the two twins in front of us started complaining and bickering with one another, the father ignored it at first before taking out the tables and placing them in front of the children which quickly made them be quiet. The mother had taken sweets out of her bag to suck on, so her ears didn't pop and offered me one which I thankfully took.

"How far along are you?" She asks as she hugs her youngest his eyes fighting the urge to sleep.

"Just turned seven months, so still got a long way to go." I say as I place my hand on my stomach.

"Honestly it will fly by so be careful." She says as she laughs slightly. "The twins the terrible two in front, they came at 8 months slightly unwell, and ben he stayed an extra 2 weeks it defiantly depends on the baby."

"Well, I have nothing ready, so I really hope for his sake he stays in there for a lot longer." I remark as we laugh.

"I'm Grace by the way." She says as her child sleeps peacefully in her lap.

"I'm Valarie, but everyone calls me V."

The two of us spoke the entire flight chatting away about our pregnancy and children, and it wasn't long until I found out that she was living close to where I was staying. We acted as though we were old friends who had just bumped into each other and she wrote down her phone number so I could message her when I brought a new one. We had agreed to meet up later on in the week for a drink and to better talk without the irruption of the children. She seems like a generally caring women, and I was glad to have a friendly figure in my life again, especially since I wouldn't have Mia for a while.

Our conversation was broken as the pilot announced that we were descending, and I couldn't help looking out the window as we went passed the clouds and the runway could be seen. My heart started beating faster and faster as we came closer to the ground, and as we landed my heart felt as though it could explode. I was finally far far away; this is going to be the start of my new journey.

As we left the flight, I bid goodbye to Grace and her family, promising her that we would meet up in a few days for a drink and a good old chin wag. I was rather exited at the start of a new life and already a new friendship I just pray that Giovanni will not get in the way and ruin it.