Chapter Twenty-Eight

The days had flown by, at first my plan was to pack my things and leave immediately however that was foolish thinking and she knew it. Over the past few days when she had left the house to go shopping or for a walk she felt as though everyone's eyes were watching her, however whenever she turned around there was never anyone there. Being locked up in Giovanni's house had caused some serious mental damage to her brain. 

Surprisingly I missed his presence, the house was to quite in the morning when I woke up, I expect to hear the sound of the kettle boiling or the rustling of papers, or his thick Italian accent on the phone, instead radio silence. There was still no news about where Mia is, she had not even opened the message or responded, and it caused uneasiness in my heart. I know that she would be safe, but she never ever takes this long to respond, she always has her phone glued to her hand. 

I poured myself my own fresh cup of tea, wrapping my dressing gown tight over my bump as I perched on the sofa flicking through my phone. I had been looking at baby clothes, especially since all the ones we had brought baby where for a girl, and now with the sudden surprise I will no longer be needing them. 

The new plan had been calibrated in my head, and I had run through it a million times. There were still small flaws that threated to break the plan, but every time I went through the plan, I fixed it. 

I was drawing dangerously close to the 7-month mark and that meant that time was running out. Women who are pregnant are advised not to fly during the third trimester meaning that there are only a few days before it would become even harder for her to leave the country. 

The flight however was not booked yet, and this is because she wanted no trace as to where she was going or when, she knew that Giovanni would have some sort of device on her phone to monitor what she is looking at. That is why she had sorted out the apartment via her landline phone, she knew that there was no chance he would have thought about hacking into that. 

The place she had picked to move to was not as far away as some would travel when attempting to escape a Mafia boss, but that was because it was so random that he would never once think about looking there. 

I had settled on Ireland, Dublin to be specific and that was down to the fact that there was so much countryside and hardly any people located nearby. Her very distant cousins owned a farmhouse there, which had a few animals that needed to be cared for, the arrangement was that she was to care for them in order for her to live there rent free. Only for a few months whilst her cousin cared for his sick mother, then he would be back, but until then it was all hers. 

She felt in the deep pit of her stomach that today was the day that she took the leap and caught the flight and travelled far far away. 

I finished the tea that I had made before cleaning away any of the mess and finding a notepad and pen so I could scribble down a note to Mia in case she returned home at any point. I would have to leave my phone here and that meant that once again they would have no way to contact one another until she brought another one. The note read.

MIA, 

I wish I was able to see you before I left, but I wanted to let you know that I am safe and that in the future I may return home, but that might not be for many years, as my circumstances have changed, and I am no longer safe here. I love your bestie and I am sorry that you won't get to meet baby just yet. 

See you soon V

I folded the letter before placing it under her pillow scared that Giovanni might enter and find it and somehow be able to trace her before starting to pile her belongings into a small backpack. To make it seem like she had not run away, she had assembled the cot and placed all of the girl clothes into the draws of the nursery yesterday, she was yet to buy any baby boy clothes and therefore filled the backpack with her own maternity clothes and a picture of her and Mia before zipping it up. 

The phone could not be taken with her, she knew that Giovanni had a tracker on it and therefore she left it on the sofa as well as her car keys, although she doubted the car would be tracked, she could not take any risk this time, especially with his private plate stuck on it. After sorting out her belongings she slipped the backpack on her back and slipped her shoes on before leaving the house from the backdoor just in case. 

Giovanni's POV - 

BEEP BEEP BEEP

The frustrating sound of the phone ringing rips into my ears as I answer the phone call putting it to my ear at once. 

"What is it?" I snap expecting it to be one of my men, however the icy tone of my father snaps back. 

"That is no way to speak to your father son. "

"I thought it was one of the men, I am rather busy what can I help you with?" I ask as I move the sheets of my body making sure not to wake the sleeping girl next to me. 

"Your mother and I felt like it would be good to spend some time with you and your wife." There was a pause, and I could tell that he was once again comparing V to all of the other 'wife's' I could have had. "Anway's your mother is packing her stuff and then we will be heading down." He states as my eyes roll slightly and I slid some bottoms over my naked body. 

"That is fine I will get one of the maids to get your room ready." And just like that I ended the phone and called V for the first time in a few days. I wanted to allow her to have space, just like I needed mine. It rang numerous times before going to voicemail causing me to frown in annoyance before trying her phone once more still no answer. 

"Where the fuck is she?" Snapped an annoyed Giovanni to both the men who were meant to be watching her, both didn't answer as they sound of the phones tapping echoed through the call. 

"It says she is at home boss, cars still there and we haven't seen her leave." Giovanni rubbed his head before muttering to himself, he did not have long until his parents would be arriving maybe an hour at most, he need V to be here before they arrived. 

"Go and get her bring her here." I snap as I end the phone and enter the bedroom once more. The girl from last night was to still sleeping despite the sun shining directly on her face, she was the complete opposite of V. Instead of dark black hair and tanned skin, she is place and bright blonde her eyes are a dark brown, and they flicker open slightly as I watch her from the doorway. Her naked body wrapped in my white linen sheets as she offers me a smile.

"Time to leave." I say as she frowns slightly before climbing out of bed, I was about to stop her from getting dressed when my phone buzzed once more. "What" 

"She's not answering the door." Mike states. "The back door was unlocked and her phone and keys where there, but she has gone." And just like that Giovanni's blood boiled and her ended the phone not wanting to waste his energy yelling at them, he will need that for when murders them. 

How the fuck have they manger to let her get away? They have been watching her for the past few days and have trackers on both the car and her phone. Yet she still disappeared into thin air, and the day that he needed her as well. Part of him wanted to drive down to her house however he knew that there would be very little point in that. 

"Hey Lily..." He states his voice icy as his sister picks up the phone. 

"What's up?" She asks calmly as he explains the situation to her praying that they might have made plans to meet up, however that was not the case. His sister never really got into mafia affairs however one thing she was good at was find out the location of people and that was her main role, father had paid for expensive training to make sure she was the best of the best and today she was going to have to prove it. 

"Find her Lily." 

----------------------------

A/N - Another chapter for you guys! Its exiting she has finally made her proper brake to freedom, I hope you guys are enjoying it right now, hopefully the next chapter will be posted tonight or tomorrow!!!