¹⁹ New Beginning

Taehyung woke up hearing the ruffling sound of boxes and creaking of cupboards. He squirmed his eyes at the piercing light and noticed a few men in working clothes belonging to a goods shifting service. Taehyung confusingly searched for familiar bambi eyes.

Jungkook was busy packing the clothes when he noticed the older's grabby hands towards him. He immediately put the clothes in a box and sat on the bed, hugging him.

" I missed you kookie." Taehyung snuggled closer to the other. Maybe the intimacy or the hug made the others to leave the two of them in their own world.

Their embrace was cut short when Taehyung's bubbling zest came out.

"Why are they here?" Taehyung asked, Confusion crimped on his face.

" Tae, Aren't you forgetting something?" Jungkook asked in an interrogatory tone.

Taehyung shook his head without a second thought to which Jungkook chuckled bitterly.

" Aren't you a least bit confused why my mother's hand is so rough unlike the classic image she carries ?" Taehyung jerked up with wet eyelashes.

" koo...I didn't want to.."

" we don't have a secured relation from the start so don't have to worry about ruining something which have already been ruined." Jungkook sat comfortably and put Taehyung on his lap.

Taehyung snuggled to the younger's crook and rubbed his nose vigorously.

" I'm sorry for everything. And we are going from this hell hole." Jungkook soothingly rubbed his back while Taehyung squirmed deep into his embrace.

"But where are we going?" Taehyung enquired.

"That's a surprise." The younger pulled himself back and staunchly unclutched Tae's body from him.

" Does it still hurt ?" Jungkook grazed at the older's ambushed cheeks.

Taehyung let out a smile and shook his head. He raised his hands to drape above Jungkook's hands which was cupping his cheeks.

"You make it warm here." The older tinkered with Jungkook's large palm on his cheeks and lulled his head.

" My mother, she wasn't rich until their marriage. She had a tough life as a daughter belonging to a peasant family. My father fell in love with her but the ill timed luxury and fame made her quite heartless and inconsiderate. Even though I have never seen my mother's parents, they would sent me gifts on Christmas and my birthdays. I remember picking it from our garbage bin as she always throw them away saying they were handmade. But I still have one or two of those gifts." Now it is Taehyung's turn to soothe the younger.

" My father's parents didn't like her that much. They denied their legacy to my parents until I was born. They were very strict towards me. I have never seen them smiling except in the family portraits. Since I was their only grandson and they didn't want to give their hereditary cheque to my mother , they passed it all on me. If you don't know my bank balance, let me tell you I have millions of worthy assets and that is the reason why my mother hates me as well as keeps me here." Jungkook paused with a subtle smile.

"Won't she be mad if we go now ? she will definitely blame it on me." Taehyung said as a matter of fact.

"Well I don't care. I will give them the money for which they want me. As for me I only want you and your safety. if it is being hampered here then we will move to a more comfortable place and I know you're going to love it there."

" Jin...ahh....ahhhh...Be gentle..." Jungkook stood stupefied in the living room of Namjin's house.

When he got inside, the only thing came to his mind is to surprise them unannounced but now he has got second guesses about where the arrows of surprise is pointed at.