¹³ Gone

It was unusually raining in Busan, Jungkook's meetings got cancelled and rescheduled for the next day because of technical issues which eventually made delay in his departure timing.

He is feeling restless for some reasons, miserably trying to connect with his hyungs or Taehyung or Jimin. Whenever he closes his eyes, some eerie scenes drops out of nowhere and makes him suffocated. He spent the night drearily thinking how fast he can wind up the meeting and go to Seoul.

Meetings were as usual boring and tiring. It was only after the meeting he got time to check on his phone and he found around sixteen missed calls from Tae and few from his hyungs and Jimin.

He hurried to his cabin and called Tae first . The phone rang for a good time before Jimin picked it. His voice seemed vague and sniffling.

" Hey. I'm sorry I couldn't pick your calls yesterday. Network trouble. Is everything okay there ? Where is Tae?" Jungkook hurriedly asked waiting to get the reply soon.

A sniffle was heard and again that eerie feelings draped Jungkook's mind.

"She is gone. Yesterday night. Funeral. Over ." Someone called Jimin and he cut the call even before Jungkook been able to heave a sigh.

He wanted to run from there. She was right when she mentioned about her time being nearer.

Tears trickled down to his cheeks which he let it slide in warmth and silence. There is one more meeting to be attended that falls under his department for which he had made the presentations working day and night . He knows his father won't allow him to ghost it and leave.

The meeting was held in after two hours and Jungkook quixotically explained his goals and deals before dashing out of his office the next second the minutes has been passed.

He boarded the then train which was the quickest option possible in that weather. After three hours he reached Seoul and called a cab to reach Kim's residence.

He spotted Jimin at the foyer talking to someone in a black suit and the man's face was pulled in a growl which Jimin chose to ignore elegantly. The smaller male got Jungkook's sight and eyed him to go inside.

There was an evening rush inside the hall. People wearing black and dull colours trudged hurriedly to get hold of their belongings to go to their houses after them at beholden for the funeral.

His eyes frantically searched for a particular face. Jungkook couldn't afford to check in the absorbing details of the hall which sucked entirely the absence of his Kimichima.

Jungkook saw in his peripheral vision the person he has been looking for , Taehyung was crouched on the bottom stairs wearing a black button down with grey loose pants. His eyes are teary red, lips chapped and crusty with reddish nose which he kept on sniffing unceasingly.

Jungkook squatted down to his level and raised his face by holding his chin up. Taehyung looked at him helplessly.

" K....Koo.." His voice came parched and hoarse.

Jungkook shushed him and hugged him to his heart. Taehyung shook his head vigorously holding Jungkook's sleeves.

"C...Can't c.....cry.... will sc...scold.. me.." Taehyung said between his deep breaths. Jungkook looked around and tightened his grip on the older and gently pulled him up.

He carried the other in a bridal style and took him to his room and closed the door. When he tried to place him on the bed, Taehyung refused to let him go and started to cough in short of breaths.

"Tae...baby ..calm down.. let me get some water." Jungkook placed him on the bed and gave him a bottle of water which he found near to his bed. Taehyung refused to drink and started to wail and then shutting his mouth with his palm.