¹⁰ Call

Jungkook was groaning with a muddled headache. His eyes were bloodshot and eyebrows knitted together to find a strip of Panadol from his drawer.

A week has passed since his encounter with Mrs. Kim's malady. He neither had the heart nor time to meet them and that elevated his miseries further.

After gulping down the newfound tablet, he slowly leaned back on the headboard and closed his eyes. It was physically and mentally painful for the younger to be in the house where his mother organized an evening party unaware of his mental dilemma and struggles after a week long of hectic work and business meets. The whole house filled with giggling and scandalous noises with a faint music running at it's background. He endured the noises until he fell asleep with the medicine's effect.

He was brought to consciousness by a call from an unknown number. He perfunctorily answered the call only to melt at the sweet and vivid voice of his pretty being.

It was a simple but hesitated 'Hai' from the older.

" Hello Tae." Jungkook got up pulling the blanket till his neck.

There was a very prominent gasp from the other side.

"How do you know that it's me ?"

" Nobody has got such a mixture of deep and sweet voice Tae. "

A deep hum was the older's reply. Jungkook also kept silent concentrating on the other's breathing pattern.

"Are you mad at me?" he softly asked and Jungkook was sure about how there must be a pout sprouted on the other's lips.

"Of course not, cupcake. Why would I?" Jungkook said with a brittle smile.

" Then why are you not ......" There was a paused silence.
" I miss those strawberries you brought ."

Jungkook smiled at the older's shyness in admitting that he missed the other.

"Okay. Then I will send someone with your strawberries. Happy now ?" Jungkook sounded playful but his remarks didn't reach the other's ears with the same tone.

" N...no. That's not what I want."

"Then, what is it ? tell me."

" Did you ...... nah.. do you regret what happened that night.. I meant, Did you not like when I let you touch me.."

A long pause.

"It's okay. Le..leave it if you don't wa...want to ans...answer. I just felt li..like I made you dis..disgusted with my b..body. I'm sorry but I didn't mean it to ha..happen." The older talked through his sobs which made Jungkook all tensed up.

" Hey Tae. Listen to me."

" I'm sorry kookie. I know why you are av..avoiding me these days but I really mi..miss you and Kimchima too wants to see you. Ple...please visit us or I will die out of guilt and repercussions for my filthy self."

"Kim Taehyung, will you shut up for a moment and listen to me?"

The younger now got up from the bed and walked near the window overlooking the colourful lights being hoisted on his yard.

He felt guilty for not clearing things up after their heated incident. It isn't like he hadn't think about it. He often does but his ardent longing for the older made him more worried and distressed. However he never thought that would make such a degrading effect on the other's mind.

"Tae"

A small whimper came as the response.

" I'm sorry for giving you a possibility to think about these things. I should have talked to you way before than this."