¹⁸ Hurt

His whole body hurts, sore from the occasional thuds and screeching pain from the fainting scratch marks he carries on his arms. Mrs.Jeon went furious and merciless to the undefended male in the absence of Jungkook.

She took his phone away the same night Jungkook hit Busan leaving no ways for the older to communicate his misery. It was her plan to torture him until he throws himself out of the mansion without any trace or memories not knowing they had already made memories in each other's heart. Her pathetic plans backfired when Taehyung withstood all her harsh comments as well as the occasional physical assaults.

On the fifth day, Mrs. Jeon went berserk trying out every ways to get rid of him. She asked him to do all the household chores, giving the maids a day off. He was called by many names when she spotted a minute of disarrangement.

Even though in the middle of all these accusations , he chirpily waited for Jungkook's arrival. Taehyung searched for his phone and eventually quit scurrying and was too afraid to ask his mother in law to let him have a call. He mentally convinced himself not to tell anything happened here as he doesn't want to form a ridge between the mother and son.

Around evening, Taehyung finished almost every kitchen chores including the dinner dishes. When Mrs. Jeon saw Taehyung approaching with a plate of sliced apples, as on her last cue, she placed the plate on the armrest and stood up. The next instant, her rough palm and ring cladded fingers got in contact with Taehyung's cheek. Living room echoed the smack which obviously made the older to lose the last thread of sanity in that house.

" If you are serving me, you need to ask first how I need my apple to be cut and how many slices should be placed in my plate." She charged towards him with the plate and the frightened male cowered away. He ran to his room, wailing uncontrollably thinking there is something inherently wrong about him which makes him unlikable.

It became quite late when Jungkook came home. He enthusiastically waited to see his husband after a long stretch of five days. He brought strawberry flavored chocolates and jewelries in plenty as he couldn't reach on to the other's cell to ask what all things he needs. He made a mental note to check on it later.

When he entered, he noticed his mother's face scrunched up in disgust but he was so sure, she was hiding a panic stricken face underneath it. He neglected their usual unwelcoming ordinance in a zest of seeing his husband's pretty face which he had no access to in previous days.

When he got in their room, he spotted a sleeping Taehyung curled up like a sea horse. Since he felt so sticky and sweaty, he decided to a take a bath before giving in to his temptation of cuddling the other.

When he came out in fresh pajamas, he joined the older and spooned him. Jungkook felt the heat emancipated from the older's pajama cladded back. His eyebrows frowned at the thought of Taehyung having a run down fever. He slowly leaned down on him and kissed the other's blistering earlobes, breathing down on his scent.

" I missed you so much Tae. Why didn't you take any of my calls? You don't know how much I got worried about you." He peppered kitten kisses on his cheeks.

" Talk to me baby. I missed your voice." Jungkook inhaled the other's strawberry scent and relaxed his muscles.

His serenity was cut short by a phone call.

" Yes.... Now ?......I'm tired father......ok... will fetch." He put his phone away irritatingly and leaned in to whisper on Tae's ear.

" Father asked me to fetch some documents from the office. I will come back soon to cuddle with you." Saying this, Jungkook went out. Maybe in the hurry burry, Jungkook didn't quite heard the soft sobs of Taehyung.