Chapter 13: Fortune Cookies

Start from the beginning

"Did anyone catch his name?" Ludo asked then he looked at the card he gave him. "Toffee. I guess his name is Toffee."

Back on earth

"What's so funny?" asked Star

"The cookies don't tell the future. They just give wisdom and good advice. They are made in a factory." said Ben

"Then what about your fortune, it came true."

"Star you're always happy and smiling."

"Okay that's true."

"Food can't tell the future."

"Well on Mewni there's this place where you can get calzones that are going to tell you how you are going to die. So why not cookies that tell your fortune."

At Ludo's castle.

Ludo was showing Toffee around.

"Okay, Toffee this is what we are working with." said Ludo as they saw the monsters doing some crazy stuff. Then the broke out into a fight. "I'm doomed. Be honest I can handle it."

Then Buff Frog entered with his dimensional scissors. "Ludo master, the girl thinks the messages in some cookies are fortunes." said Buff Frog

"Interrupting! Well Toffee give it to me straight are my monsters the worst or what."

Toffee thought for a moment. "Maybe we can do something with those fortune cookies." said Toffee

Buff Frog moved Ludo to the side. "You sure you trust him boss." whispered Buff Frog to Ludo

"Of course I trust him." said Ludo

Back on earth both Ben and Star were walking.

"I can't wait to get more cookies." said Star

"Star I keep telling you they don't tell the future." said Ben

"Ben, Gwen and I use magic and we fight aliens. So why can't there be a cookie that can tell the future. Oh free cookies." Star said noting a bowl of fortune cookies on a table with a sign saying free samples. Star took a cookie and cracked it open. Then they were attacked by monsters. Ben activated the omnitrix and then was stopped by Star. "Wait Ben, love is always the answer."

"What we need to defend ourselves." Ben said turning the omnitrix and hit it. "Echo Echo!"

"But Ben the fortune says..."

"Really, right now." Then some of the monster chased after Ben. But Star saw a monster and hugged it and he hugged back.

Watching at the edge of the battle was Ludo and Toffee.

"There's the wand. I can totally get it." said Ludo starting to head for the wand, but was stopped by Toffee.

"Patience!" said Toffee

back to the fight.

Ben duplicated himself once and split up. One of him turned and screamed at the monsters chasing the other one.

"Ben stop fighting them and they will stop fighting you." said Star

"Star I don't think that will work." said one of the Bens. The monsters jumped on that Ben and thru him into a trash bin.

The monster started to surround Star with a few monsters still dealing with the Ben that wasn't trapped.

"You guys really need some hugs."

With Ludo and Toffee.

"It's actually working." said Ludo

Then Ludo started to run to steal the wand, but was stopped by the monster that was hugging Star.

"Back of dude." said the two headed monster

"What! You idiots you are screwing up the plan."

Star heard what Ludo said and was shocked and stopped hugging the monster. "Plan? So this was a trap. Ben was right fortune cookies aren't real." said Star

Then a trash bin rolled over and hit the monsters. It opened up. "It worked its open." said one Ben to the other who just gave him a thumbs up.

"Ben you were right fortune cookies aren't real." Then monsters started to charge at them. "Mega Mushroom Destruction Blast." Then the monsters were hit by Star's spell.

They retreated thru a portal. "Welcome to my life." said Ludo right before he went into the portal.

Toffee just stood there and looked at Star and Ben for a moment and saw Ben return to normal. Then went into the portal.

"I guess I should have listen to you Ben." said Star

"It's okay Star." said Ben

They mad there way home.

"Oh, here's your fortune." said Ben picking the peace of paper off the floor.

"Ben you do know they aren't real." said Star

"Yeah, but they are fun to read." Ben said giving here the paper.

"A great evil has been unleashed."

In Ludo's castle.

"Cheers!" said Ludo. As Ludo and Toffee drank some swamp water. "That was the closest we have ever come. But the girl always gets the best of me."

"Yes well, you're not the first monster to fall victim to there magic." said Toffee

"Things will be different when I get the wand."

"I do have to ask who was the kid who can turn into monsters?"