036

"I'VE COME TO save the day, Princess!"

Gojo grinned at Kazuya and winked. The sun seemed to make him shine brighter, the flowers all seemed to bow at the presence of a king.

Kazuya's eye twitched. "Don't...call me that!"

"Well, you sure seem like a damsel in distress, though~" Gojo teased her, completely ignoring Kuchisake-onna beginning to twitch.

Gojo was living for this moment. The way Kazuya looked at him with murder being the only thought in her eyes made him want to giggle.

"Why don't you shut your mouth..."

"Eh?" Gojo saw a blur through the corner of his eye, a black dress flowing in the wind. Kazuya spun quickly, landing a tornado kick on Kuchisake-onna, who had stood up. Kuchisake-onna fell right back down to the ground.

"...and kick ass properly?" Kazuya finished, turning back to flash him the same grin.

Without waiting for a smooth reply from Gojo, Kazuya turned back to Kuchisake-onna. The malicious spirit wasn't giving up, beginning to stand yet again and summoning the scissors, which creeped Kazuya out.

How is that possible?

Kuchisake-onna lunged for Kazuya with the scissors. Kazuya managed to block the attack with her forearm, making both of their arms tremble against the force.

"Look, I don't know who the hell you are," Kazuya whispered under her breath, giving Kuchisake-onna a look creepier than the spirit's face. "But now that this guy thinks he can pretend to be my knight in shining armor, I have to prove him wrong."

"You understand that..." Kazuya clasped her other arm to lock Kuchisake-onna's arm in between her arms. With a swift move, Kazuya broke Kuchisake-onna's arm with a nasty crack. "...right?!"

Kuchisake-onna let out a horrifying shriek of pain. But before Kazuya could gloat in the spirit's pain, Gojo swerved in and delivered a gracefully brutal kick to Kuchisake-onna's stomach, ribs cracking.

Kazuya whipped around, glaring at Gojo. This little-!

"You can't expect me to not join in," Gojo said, grinning down on her. "It's not fair if you have all the fun~"

Kazuya's nose crinkled in disgust. "Tch. As if-"

She saw Kuchisake-onna from the corner of her eye. At the same time, she and Gojo wound their arms back, fists tightened, to punch Kuchisake-onna's mutilated face.

"Beep. Beep. Beep."

The beeping sound was coming from Kuchisake-onna. Kazuya's eyes flitted down to Kuchisake-onna's stomach area and then Kazuya felt her own stomach churn.