018

"HELLO, HOW MAY I help you?"

"I'm here to see Detective Himura."

"...I'm sorry?"

"Detective Himura. I'm here to see her."

"I'm sorry, but we don't have private appointments with our employees."

"But it's urgent."

"...I'm sorry."

"Just tell her I have the video of the drinks she wants. She'll understand."

"I...can't do that."

"Please? I know you're a nice girl."

"..."

"I can stay here and you can bring her. That way it works out, right?"

"..."

-----

"Detective Himura...?"

Kazuya looked up from the copy machine, turning around to see who had called her name. "Oh, Secretary Matsubara! How may I help you?"

"There's someone cute- uh, I mean, someone's asking for you down at the lobby," Secretary Matsubara said, pointing down with her finger.

Kazuya blinked, wondering if she heard incorrectly. "That's impossible."

Who would be asking for her? The answer was 'no one'.

Her family didn't care about her, only her money. She didn't care about them, so it's not like she cared if they wanted to see her.

She...also had no social life. That meant she had no friends.

She began to feel sick in her stomach. It was the same feeling as when she bumped into the guy with the yellow backpack in January when she was Seo Yumi.

Perhaps someone had mistaken her for another detective. Yes, that must be it. But that didn't really matter. Why would someone come to the DOPI building and request to see a detective?

Moreover, how could anyone convince Secretary Matsubara to personally come up here? Secretary Matsubara hated this place, calling it a 'hellhole' because of the rigorous atmosphere. And she avoided the place as much as she could ever since she stumbled in between a mock fight and got kicked.

Secretary Matsubara looked around nervously. "His...his name is G-Gojo Satoru."

...And this day was going so well-

Without missing a beat, Kazuya tilted her head and squinted in confusion. "Who?"