023

MR. EGUCHI LIKED to go through all the junk mail his assistant sorted out before going home every night. It completely bored out Ginjiro, and so the special cursed spirit went to hang out at the gym whenever Mr. Eguchi pulled out the huge stack of mail.

"Insurance offer, insurance offer, catalog, flyer-- hey!" he held up a piece of paper. "Food coupons! Better set these aside for Detective Himura."

He set the food coupons aside and continued to look through the junk mail. "Catalogs, catalogs-- why are there so many stores-- charity, insurance offer, flyer, flyer, letter from Kyoto Jujutsu High-"

"Huh?" he picked up the tossed envelope and read it one more time. His face brightened, "Letter from Kyoto Jujutsu High!"

He ripped the envelope open, abandoning the rest of the junk mail. He took out the letter and read it as carefully as he could:

Dear Head Detective Eguchi from the DOPI,

Saturday morning: Utahime Iori, Aoi Todo, Nishimiya Momo, and Noritoshi Kamo. Please separate the cursed spirit from ordinary humans.

Cordially,

Kyoto Jujutsu High

"That's tomorrow...but..." Mr. Eguchi's eye twitched. "How could they send such an...uncordial letter?! There's no formality! No basic greetings or starters! Nothing!"

He pulled out a copy of the letter he sent, still ranting. "See, my letter it-"

He stopped. He read his letter:

Dear Kyoto Jujutsu High,

Special grade cursed spirit at the DOPI in Shinjuku. Made a binding vow to not contact Tokyo Jujutsu High. Only two (support-technique) sorcerers here.

This gremlin is annoying. Send strong help.

Codially,

Head Detective Eguchi Izanagi of the DOPI (Shinjuku City, Tokyo, Japan)

"...Oh."

-----

"So you will be taking three students tomorrow to deal with the special grade, Ms. Utahime?"

"Yes, sir," Utahime nodded at Gakuganji, the principal of Kyoto Jujutsu High. "It will be a good experience for them on how to deal with emergencies like this. And they are more than capable of exorcising this spirit."

Principal Gakuganji nodded and waved his hand. "Very well. That is all."

Utahime bowed and left the room. She made her way to her own room, where she made herself a cup of tea.