002

KAZUYA HAD NO idea what both a blessing and a curse it was to make eye-contact with the white-haired man and his pretty eyes that day.

(Seriously, what kind of genetics do you need for that color?)

But that's a story for another time.

At the moment, she was walking to class. A map and her class schedule were in either hand; her eyes darting from paper to paper.

I didn't expect Mr. Eguchi to make me start right away, she sighed as she approached the lecture room. But here we are.

She turned the door handle and opened it, walking inside.

No eyes turned to her, which was a relief. But there were many students in the lecture hall; over a hundred, if she estimated.

Although many were sitting alone, texting away, many were also in groups.

The first she noticed was the horde of girls surrounding someone. They were talking animatedly, each one seemingly being more dramatic than the last.

At first glance, Kazuya thought they were just crazy. But upon a closer look (someone moved out of the way), she saw why they were blushing, drooling, and acting out so much.

It was because of a guy.

A guy.

The man, dressed in a baby blue dress shirt along with black slacks and black dress shoes, looked at the ladies through his dark shades. His white hair made him seem like an angel, but his smirk made him seem otherwise.

Oh come on, I thought this only happened in movies, Kazuya thought as she continued eyeing the situation.

He looked around and made eye contact with Kazuya, who was taken aback for a moment.

Damn.

How do you get that shade of blue?

His eyes were the most beautiful thing Kazuya had ever seen (though, to be fair, she had not exactly seen many beautiful things throughout her life). They seemed to be a kaleidoscope of shades of blue in heavenly circular crystals.

Someone snapped her out of her trance.

"Hey, you! The one with space buns!"

Kazuya knew she had a space bun hairdo, with some hair also falling short to the nape of her neck.

As she turned to the source of the voice, the whole lecture hall seemed to quiet down and stare at her.

When she saw those who were calling her attention, she wanted to laugh.

This is too easy.

"Yes?" she asked innocently, adding a small bounce as she stepped closer to them.

"Are you new?" the girl who had called her out, Taketa Hana, asked with a bright smile.

"Yes," Kazuya answered.

It's not like this girl would know if I was new or not, Kazuya thought, internally smirking. But I remind her of someone.

The group of four looked at her up and down. Kazuya was wearing a pastel pink-and-purple sweatshirt with cute teddy bears and stars on it. She wore wide, high-waisted jeans to go along with it and white sneakers.

Kazuya felt stupid, since it didn't fit with her usual wardrobe at all, but she put on her best cheeky grin.

"I thought so," the girl said, looking at her three other friends. "Well, newbie, when someone is new they have to introduce themselves, okay?"

"Oh, okay!" Kazuya said eagerly, as if she was about to correct a mistake she made.

She decided in that moment that although the white-haired man had pretty eyes, she still didn't see why those girls were flocking around him as if he was some sweet cake.

But that's not what she needed to be doing right now.

Right now, she needs to fuck up the Japanese that's been ingrained to her since she was in the womb in front of a class of over 100 college students.

"H-Hello," she bowed nervously, her blue hair falling in front of her face. "M-my name is Seo Yumi...I just moved from South Korea. Nice to meet you all."

She internally cringed, impressed at how realistic that butchered Japanese with the Korean accent sounded.

Kaiya would be so disappointed in me.

"Ooh, a Korean! Come over, Yumi-chan!" Hana said, waving her over. "Are you an ulzzang?"

"Ulzzang?" Kazuya repeated. "No. I not pretty be ulzzang."

They laughed, making fun of her bad Japanese. And probably her looks.

"What are your names?" Kazuya asked, pretending to be oblivious.

"I'm Taketa Hana," Hana introduced herself, her perfect purple-colored waves of hair resting on her shoulders.

"Asano Atsushi," Atsushi introduced himself, a lip piercing shining with his smirk. Tattoos ran up and down his arms and he reeked of cigarettes.

"The name's Handa Asa," Asa introduced herself as she sucked on a lollipop. Kazuya wondered how the girl's ridiculously-long acrylic nails could even hold the lollipop's handle.

Asa flashed Kazuya a golden smile. Literally. Her canine tooth was gold with, what Kazuya assumed, was a dental crown.

"And I'm Fujino Haruto," Haruto introduced himself, shaking Kazuya's hand and holding it for too long, his orange ponytail swinging behind him.

"Let go of her, you!" Hana said, shoving his hand playfully away as everyone began to laugh.

Hana winked, slinging an arm around her. "Don't worry about this pervert. I'll protect you, okay?"

"Mhmm!" Kazuya nodded eagerly, holding back the itch to punch every single one of them at the very moment with all the willpower she had.

If Kazuya hadn't had background information on these people, she'd find it understandable as to why these people didn't appear to be bad, especially when one tried to not judge other's preferences of fashion and self-expression.

No, even if you weren't judging; they gave off a bad vibe. One that every adult, but maybe not a naive 14-year-old, would catch immediately.

But Kazuya knew them.

And they made trash worth the equivalent of a mountain of gold.

Still, a smile appeared on her face, and the atmosphere seemed to brighten.

"I'm Seo Yumi!"

_____________________________________

follow, comment, and vote!

her focusing skills are a -100/10 🤩

<3