024

IT WAS SATURDAY.

But Kazuya was already ready for this day to end.

"This is absurd."

"Detective Himura, please try to understand-"

"No, I won't," Kazuya answered. "What is it with you all? Don't you have work to do?"

"But we have to know why you were like that in high school!" the group of detectives cried out.

Seriously?! Kazuya thought. I dress up as my high school self yesterday and today everyone goes crazy once Detective Araya leaves me alone for a few minutes.

Where is she, anyway?

Kazuya turned to look at the door. She was in a private room, where the detectives who were assigned cases usually took a look at the case in, well, private.

But the silhouettes of the detectives through the door made it anything but private.

"Go do your work!" Kazuya said.

"But you were so...reckless back then!"

"Like she isn't reckless now..."

"But it's more of a professional reckless-"

Suddenly, the door opened and the detectives looked with anticipation. But the look on Kazuya's face was anything but friendly. A dark aura seemed to surround her and her eye twitched uncontrollably.

"I said," she growled. "Go. Do. Your. Work."

"Yes, ma'am!" the detectives yelled, rushing to go do their work.

"Nosy fools," Kazuya muttered under her breath. "Acting all-"

"BEE-EEP!" The sound of the intercom turning on made everyone stop working.

A loud inhale was heard. "Head Detective Eguchi says for all detectives to report to the auditorium immediately."

Kazuya looked at the speaker and shrugged, opening the door. "That doesn't include me-"

"Yes, that also includes you, Detective Himura," the intercom voice said.

Kazuya whipped around to look at the speaker as the office burst into loud laughter. "What the-?!"

She ignored everyone's laughter as she calmly walked down to the auditorium. I guess it's true when they say that this place has eyes and ears.

...What are we going to do in the auditorium, anyway?