021

"...WHEN ARE YOU going to take that thing off your face?"

"Until the earth swallows me."

"Ha!" Gojo laughed. "You do have a sense of humor."

"It's not humor if you mean it literally," Kazuya said, her voice slightly muffled by the paper.

Kazuya had the test results hiding her face. She looked like an embarrassed kid using the only thing on hand to hide her face.

But Gojo saw her bright-red ears.

Suddenly, Kazuya took the piece of paper off her face and pulled out her phone. She took off his sunglasses, rolling her eyes. She tapped the phone a few times and turned to Gojo with a frown.

"What's the matter?" Gojo asked, turning to her.

"Eyes on the road!" Kazuya immediately yelled.

Gojo quickly turned back to focus on the road. Kazuya glared at him with her arms crossed. She was not about to die from this grown-ass man not driving properly.

"We passed a McDonalds just now," Kazuya said, looking at her phone.

Gojo let out a laugh. "You eat at McDonalds?!"

"And a ramen restaurant not too far back," she continued seamlessly.

Gojo stopped laughing. "So you traumatize me by burning me with ramen and now you want to go eat that hell? No thanks."

Kazuya's eyes narrowed. "Where are you taking me?" she asked, ignoring his comment.

"To a restaurant."

"We literally just passed a 7-Eleven."

"You eat at those places?"

Kazuya deadpanned at him. "No, I'm a stripper there-- of course I eat there!"

I'm poor, Gojo, Kazuya thought as Gojo laughed again. I can't afford this shiny car like you-

"You do realize that many, if not most, young Japanese get their food from cheap places like 7-Eleven, right?" she asked, crossing her arms.

He looked at her with those alluring blue eyes. "I'm not most people."

Two can play this game, Kazuya thought. Maybe it was because Gojo was annoying, or maybe it was because she dressed up like her high school self. But she was feeling bitchy.

"Ah, yes," Kazuya sneered, her mouth twitching. "The guy that thinks he's so different and special compared to the rest of the world."