022

KAZUYA LET OUT a snort.

She had met crazy people before. Insane criminals, teenage lunatics, and even those individuals who liked to pretend they were living in an anime.

But this...now this was hilarious! Her? Cursed? As if!

"You're crazy, you know that?" she asked him, standing up.

"What are you doing?" Gojo asked.

She dug into her pockets and pulled out her wallet. She took out the money for her meal and put it on the table. "I am...leaving!"

"Wait, why?" Gojo asked, standing up as well.

"You said you would go away if I had lunch with you," Kazuya said, smiling with no emotion. "I've done just that and I'm doing you another favor: I'm the one 'going away'."

He looked at her with a strange expression, like a mixture of confusion and surprise.

"You won't be getting that second date. Not that there was a first one," Kazuya said from the doorway. "I'm not into younger men~"

And with that, she left without finishing the Twenty Questions game.

-----

"Detective Araya, I'm so glad you have decided to take up this case."

Detective Araya smiled. "Not at all, Head Detective Eguchi. After all, this is my job."

Mr. Eguchi smiled as well. "Now all we need is to find you-"

BAM!

The door burst open to reveal a girl with black disheveled hair. She was breathing heavily, glaring at Mr. Eguchi with her dilated eyes.

"-a partner," Mr. Eguchi finished, with wide eyes.

"Detective Himura?" Detective Araya cried out, startled.

Kazuya stumbled inside, holding up a piece of paper. She slammed it on Mr. Eguchi's desk, making even Ginjiro on the cabinet flinch.

Detective Araya saw Kazuya swaying and quickly grabbed her. "Here, sit down," she said, helping Kazuya sit down.

Suddenly, Detective Araya got a good look at Kazuya's eyes. "ARE YOU HIGH?!" she shrieked, grabbing Kazuya's face.

"No," Kazuya said, yanking Detective Araya's hands off of her. "They're...dilated."

"What? Why?" Detective Araya asked as Kazuya turned to Mr. Eguchi.

"Detective Himura," Kazuya stated between breaths. "Reporting...that I have...perfect vision..."