003

KAZUYA HADN'T GONE to college after high school.

She had simply gone straight into working instead of pursuing a more advanced education, despite her coworkers telling her to go to college.

(Ironically, a large portion of them also hadn't gone to college.)

Sometimes, she'd ask herself why she never went to school past 12th grade.

Now she knew why.

She hated it.

What is this class about, again? Kazuya wondered, ignoring the professor's lecture. She pretended to write notes by writing down all the animes, mangas, dramas, and movies she could remember.

How do people endure four years of this? Imagine those that are going into the medical field with over ten years...!

Sheesh, college sucks.

It sucked even more considering that she was sitting next to Haruto, who wouldn't stop staring at her. She had already made eye contact with him, hoping to catch him off guard. But it didn't work, he simply smiled and continued to stare at her even when she looked away.

She had to resist the urge to grab his ponytail and slam his head on his desk.

The lead in her pencil snapped, startling her. She managed to calm down inside while keeping the same 'concentrated' face outside.

I'm not doing this for myself.

With that reminder, she continued to scribble in her notebook all the way until class ended.

"Ah, finally!" she said cheerfully, lifting her arms up in a big stretch.

She began to pack up, putting her pens and highlighters in a cute pencil pouch, her loose-leaf papers in a pastel-colored folder, and her notebook in her backpack-

Snatch!

The notebook was ripped from Kazuya's hands. She looked up to see Hana holding it with a smirk on her face.

"I know your type~" Hana said with a smile. "You guys are very smart, right~?"

"I'm not," Kazuya answered honestly, reaching up. "Can you give back the journal to myself...?"

"No," Hana said, lifting it higher. "That's what you all say but you actually have good notes, right?"

Kazuya wondered how stupid this Hana girl was to believe that a foreign student, who could barely speak Japanese, would take decent notes.

Haruto reached over, snatching the notebook. "It's mine! Just like Yumi-chan."

"Gosh, I hope these notes are as good as that child genius's!" Asa said, looking over Haruto's shoulder.

Atsushi swung an arm around Kazuya, putting on a pouty face. "Looks like your notebook is ours now, Yumi-chan."

Kazuya looked at the four of them before shrugging, taking them by surprise.

"Okay," Kazuya said, turning around and walking out.

Idiots, she thought as she heard them talking. I'm pretending to be Korean, speak Japanese in a way that would put my ancestors to shame, and they think I take good notes?

Suddenly, she heard one of them yell out, "These aren't notes!"

"They're names of different shows and shit!"