001

POW! PUNCH! KICK!

Fists were flying and legs kicked a punching bag. Men and women under the same department were keeping up their physical abilities in the training room.

They were lifting weights, running, sparring, or anything else that could help them beat people up better.

One in particular, however, was going at it harder than anyone else.

Her ebony-colored hair, tied in a ponytail, swayed in different directions every time the young woman kicked or punched the punching bag with such force she had to avoid getting hit by it.

It only made her hit the punching bag harder, though.

"Detective Himura?" a voice, belonging to Detective Araya, called out.

Detective Araya, unlike everyone else in that training room, was dressed up in business attire and her heels clacked as she walked closer to Detective Himura.

The young woman murdering the punching bag stopped after hearing her name get called. She was breathing heavily, beads of sweat sliding down her toned biceps and abs.

She turned around, looking at Detective Araya with her sharp dark-brown eyes. "Yes?"

"How are ya doing?" Detective Araya asked cheerfully.

"I'm doing good, thank you. How are you?"

"Just fine, just fine," Detective Araya said. "Listen, I have a question for you..."

The whole training room seemed to slow down, as if waiting to hear the question Detective Araya had to ask. Detective Himura looked at her expectantly.

"Does not going to the gym count as resistance training?"

Detective Himura's eyebrows furrowed before answering.

"No, but the bench is empty if you need to use it..." she answered, pointing to the empty bench for weight training. "I'll spot you if you'd like."

Everyone in the training room looked down in an attempt to hide their smiles. Detective Araya internally winced at Detective Himura's response.

It was no surprise that Detective Himura took everything seriously. Serious, stoic, and sleep-deprived most of the time, she kept everyone to a strictly-business relationship.

There was no room for jokes or relaxation in her life. Everyone knew this, yet there were a few who still tried to change that, like Detective Araya.

(And failed miserably.)

Still, this was the reason why she had become the notorious powerhouse in among the other private investigators. If you train and train, you're bound to get better.

"Uh, nevermind," Detective Araya said, smiling. "Mr. Eguchi wanted me to give you this."

She handed Detective Himura a folder. When Detective Himura opened it, it revealed several pictures and documents. Skimming over them, her eyes widened slightly as she read through the contents.

"Thank you," Detective Himura said, walking over to the showers.

"Is it a serious case?" Detective Araya called after her.

Detective Himura stopped, before shrugging. "It's...interesting."

After showering and changing clothing, Detective Himura found herself at Chiba Hospital. Her hair was now in a tight bun, with a few stubborn strands laying gently on one side of her face.