007

I HATE HIM.

Kazuya placed a pack of beers on the counter of the convenience store. Next to the beers she placed four different bentos.

"Did you find everything you need?" the cashier lady asked.

Kazuya nodded. "Yes, haha..."

The cashier lady smiled. "Food for you and your friends?"

Kazuya smiled. "Yes. I'd burst if I ate all this!"

Kazuya and the cashier lady laughed at Kazuya's comment. Kazuya smiled, acting animatedly as she walked out with the beer and bentos in bags.

The second she stepped out, her smile faded. Inwardly, she seethed at the encounter. Not because the cashier lady had been rude, but because of the context behind it.

None of the food was for her.

I hate him, I hate him, I hate him.

Just as planned, Kazuya had become the next servant of those four demons. It had been five days since she got threatened by Hana, and those five days had been hell on earth.

I hate that man so much! Mr. Eguchi better pay me back when I'm done here, Kazuya thought as she walked to Atsushi and Haruto's apartment.

Asa had told her the four would be eating there (with at least two curse words in between each word).

So their rich enough to afford an apartment, but not a meal that doesn't come from the convenience store? Kazuya thought with an internal smirk.

She stood in front of the door to the apartment. She took a deep breath, reminding herself that violence was not the answer.

Then, she knocked on the door. She heard footsteps coming from inside the apartment, followed by a click, and the door opened.

"D-Delivery," Kazuya stammered, holding up the bag of bentos and the beer box.

"Oh, Yumi-chan," Haruto looked around before letting her inside.

Kazuya stepped inside, almost knocked out by the stench of alcohol and cigarettes. She looked around nervously, quietly placing the food on the messy dining table.

"W-Where are others?" Kazuya asked, taking note of the empty apartment.

"They left."

"Why?"

"They said you were taking too long so they went to a restaurant," Haruto rubbed the back of his neck.