🥀

Song Recommendation:-
Love Maze by BTS

Jungkook stood in front of his parents with a bored expression, not caring about the glares he got from Mira's parents and the girl standing silently behind his parents

"Jeon Jungkook, when we told you that you'd marry Mira, how dare you claim your mate as a male?" Jaehyun's voice thundered in the silent room.

"This is my life, and I should get to decide what I want. I told you before, and I'm telling you now that I would never marry her. I would rather be dead. " Jungkook stated calmly, earning another set of glares from everyone in the room.

"What is the problem in marrying Mira, Jungkook? She's a nice girl. She is trained to become the queen from an early age and could give you an heir. There is nothing special about that mate for whom you are going against all of us. " Minseo frowned, but Jungkook only scoffed at the words.

"If you are really that desperate for Mira to become the queen, then go ahead and make her the queen. I'll resign from my position. She's not my type, and I don't like girls like her who don't know how to respect others' choices. "

"That is enough, my prince. I know you hold a higher status than us, but we can't allow you to disrespect our daughter like that. " Yeon Minseok glared.

"Well, if that's the case, then why don't you go and help her find her real mate and live happily ever after? Why throw her to the vampire who's already fated to someone else? And perhaps, if she didn't tell you, I have rejected her at least 5 times in a row, both calmly and angrily, but still, she comes to my face, hoping that I would choose her. " Jungkook knows he should stop and leave before it turns messier, but maybe it's wine in his head, making him speak everything he wants to.

His sober self would curse the hell out of him for being this careless.

But he chooses not to care about it right now.

Yeon Minseok's face was red with anger. "Well, if that's what you want. I'll take my daughter from the palace. She no longer belongs here. " Jungkook knows that his parents would be super mad at him, but he didn't object. He can take some scolding easily.

Before Minseok could take Mira, she whispered something to her mother and stood in front of King Jaehyun and Queen Minseo. "I guess Jungkook must love his mate deeply that he refused our pact, but it's alright. I won't mind it. However, I'm trained as a warrior in the castle and want to serve here like I used to. " Jungkook wants to scoff at her way of gaining attention from his parents, into making them believe what a nice girl she is, but maybe remaining mute was a better option than provoking the fire.

"Mira, you don't have to stay here-"

"I want to stay here. I love training new vampires, and I learn something new every day. " Mira smiled, looking at Jungkook.