Prologue

There occurred a war between humans and vampires, the most powerful creations of the moon.

Vampires being the supreme, started killing humans mercilessly and forced the human generation on their knees. The game of death and survival continued until the moon came to protect her human kids.

The moon gave both the world the gift of a wish. A wish that would help in creating a bright future for both beings. It did the division of the world into two parts. Half was given to the humans and another half to the vampires.

But many vampires and humans opposed the division. Vampires started to kill humans by going into their half, and that's when humans discovered a technology to protect themselves from the wrath of vampires. They placed the devices on their borders, preventing Vampires from teleporting into their lands.

After a century of the war, a pandemic hit the vampire kingdom. It was a rare disease leading to the death of immortal beings.

The elves, known as healers, couldn't protect themselves from this disease. Every passing day, the situation kept getting out of hand. It reached this extent that even elves started dying.

That's when the vampire king asked humans to help them. Humans prayed to the moon goddess, asking for a way to save the vampires from dying. The moon fulfilled their wish and created a tree, whose leaves helped cure the vampire diseases.

Due to the generosity of humans to help their enemies, the moon gave that tree an extraordinary ability. Whenever a vampire or human turns 18, he could ask for a wish, and the tree would fulfill it, no matter whatever it would be.

But the scare of it bringing the imbalance in the system surfaced, so vampires took it upon themselves to save the tree and prevent it from fulfilling any destructive desires.

'Those who would ask for a wish from the tree would have to offer something in return. A death wish for the loss of a loved one, A desire for change for the pain of losing what you had. '

The vampires were healed, but it gave them a pain that they couldn't forget. The disease wiped out three-fourths of the vampire community and left only three elves, two simple and one royal.

However, still, they were successful in making their community. The elves discovered some spells to produce elf children. That spell doesn't work much either, as most kids die after birth, and rare ones survive.

After some centuries, the human world and vampire kingdom grew, just like their friendship. Vampires and humans opened their world gates for each other.

At present, one wouldn't even flinch if they see a vampire teleporting.

Vampires still try to make a safe distance while teleporting or mostly teleports at empty places. They started working at cafes, hospitals, police stations, and any place one can imagine. The same goes for humans. It was like the borders don't mean anything to them now. They have learned to live like a family.

Humans invested more in creating new technologies to make things easier as they didn't possess magic. They also gave up on kingship and set up a democratic government.

While vampires possessed magic yet, they tried to modernize themselves. However, unlike humans, they did not give up on monarchy. They still found monarchy better.

________________________________

*Present time*

It was the day of celebration in the vampire kingdom. The crown prince of the vampire kingdom was turning 18. The day when he was supposed to find his other half.

Humans and vampires from all over the world came to attend the birthday celebration of the crown prince. Many young vampires also came in hopes of being the mate of the hottest and richest vampire in existence.

The king and queen entered the ballroom, dressed elegantly, followed by a royal elf and two vampires behind them. The people around stood and bowed in their respect.

The name was announced, and then entered the vampire prince, for whom this celebration was organized. People around clapped, and young vampires screamed in joy, seeing the beauty of the prince.

He got dressed in all black. His tailcoat, shining under the lights with the golden embroidery interlaced in it. Shiny golden epaulettes on his shoulders, along with golden buttons on the suit, hugging his body perfectly. His sharp gaze, flawless skin, and those mesmerizing blue orbs were making all the younger vampires drool over.

After the entrance of the crown prince, the party started. The lights were slowed, and the music started. The vampires surrounded the prince to introduce themselves to him, but he didn't pay any attention to anyone surrounding him. His gaze fixed on the clock, waiting for it to strike 12.

As soon as the clock struck 12, the party stopped. The lights got turned on, but the prince didn't move. His mate is not at this party. It was confirmed. "Continue!" He said in a deep voice before teleporting out of the ballroom. The elf looked at him with a glare, trying to understand what the younger wanted to do.

He stood in front of the wishing tree.

"Since you grant every vampire's wish after they turn 18, I want you to grant my wish too. " He says.

"May my mate dies without anyone being a witness, and no one could save them. Oh, tree of the great moon, I wish for the death of my fated. "

"JEON JUNGKOOK!!!!"

___________________________

To be continued!