xxix - smells like citrus and cinnamon

Start from the beginning

Shrugging, Dream only hums, getting closer to Techno, "I should ask you the same, Technoblade. Is there a reason why you came to my humble abode?"

Humble abode? "What kind of a homeless joke you're making? No need to be so self-deprecating, bruhh-" His low voice lulls the room, keeping the trident close to him, ready to be taken out anytime,

"Oh no I'm serious, it's my house now. Everything in this prison, it belongs to me." His hand lifts something up.

It seems like it's a card, and Techno could only presume it's what holds this prison; whoever has that holds authority,

"Lovely bargain you had with him then. Full access to the prison in exchange for his freedom. Really thoughtful." He could only comment, about to leave.

Dream's smile widens as he follows him towards the exit, "It surprises you got it all connected with little to no info. I have always admired your sharp mind, Technoblade."

The piglin snorts, finding it difficult to deal with compliments, "No need to flatter me, Dream. I mean I gotta have a sharp mind, gotta stay alive and all that-"

While Dream stays close to a few levers, Techno was ready to go, "It was nice meeting you anyway, Dream- byee-" He waves with his usual tone but crack-

The portal was destroyed.

Did he really not think this through?

He should really understand how this fucking prison works..or demolish it to the ground,

"I seldom get visitors, Technoblade. Would you mind keeping me company? It's been forever since we last talked. At least..just us two."

Exhaling through his mouth, his hand grips his trident tighter and calmly looks back at Dream, attempting to hide his annoyance, as well as discomfort, "What do you want?"

He's not going to get himself stuck in this place, no matter the cost.

Dream hums, twirling his axe without a care in the world. When he got out of the prison, he looked shit, like a lot. But by his visit after months, it seemed like he's in better shape now.

Techno isn't sure if that's a good thing or otherwise. Whatever that is, he is sure ready if ever things go south,

"I get that we just had our deal and all. And with our relationship, I am reassured that you would always fulfill a favour, business whatever- But despite that.." He points his axe towards Techno, glaring with a smile on behind his mask, "I don't think I can trust you holding the end of our deal."

Letting out a chuckle, he raises his trident as well, "Now now, Dream..I don't think we have to fight. Not trusting me completely, why, sounds like a you problem."

He pulls his hair back so it wouldn't get in the way, with how compacted this place is, this upcoming fight wouldn't last long, "Sooo, are we going to use our mouths or violence?"

Grinning wider, Dream lowers his axe, "You changed a lot, it surprises me how you can hold them off. Have you not be itchin' for a fight? Against someone that is at least equal to your level?"

The other would be lying if he said he hadn't ever thought about it,

"One must never give in to their obsessions. It brought nothing but an insatiated thirst, plus a knife in my back. I knew that now." He looks up at Dream with a dull stare, "You should do that too, Dream. At this point, I don't think it's worth it."

Dream snorts, snickers..then he laughs. He laughs and laughs like it's the funniest thing he ever heard, "Oh Techno..I have waited long..too long for my freedom. And what? I would not spend it to ruin the lives of people that fucked me up? I know you wouldn't let that go, Techno. Anyone but you."