24. Let's party

______________________________________________________

Days would go on without us having a face call due to the time difference. But we were in touch through chatting. 

I would be stuck to my mobile all day long eagerly waiting for his message and would send a quick reply to all of them. It felt as if I was falling in love with him all over again. I would find myself giggling as I chatted with him like a teenager who had just started to date a guy.

I would stay up all night just to talk with him and share the things we did all day long.

A month passed by like this, I was now a final year student so I did not have much classes. But instead attended many job interviews for many MNC companies.

During all this I had to work part time to feed myself. So I decided to visit a cafe nearby.

It was small yet well maintained, it had a nice ambience and it followed a theme. The walls were painted with lush dark green and had rustic furniture as a compliment to them. There were warm yellow lights hanging from the ceilings. My favourite part of this cafe was that it had tiny plants in pots all over the place which had cute and beautiful flowers in it.

I asked one of the employees in it for their manager and they led me to the office. There was a lady seated on the couch and going through some documents and I could hear the classical music on a low yet on an appreciable  volume being played by the speakers in the office.

"Excuse madam, this girl here has come to ask you for the job displayed on the flyers describing the hiring of a part timer." The guy spoke as I stood there taking in the details of the office. 

"Oh.. Please come in and take a seat" She motioned her hands towards the opposite couch of hers as she smiled at me.

As I took a seat on the couch I saw that she was beautiful. 

She seemed to be of my mother's age but she had a completely different vibe than my mother's.

My mother was a conservative woman who still wore sarees everywhere she went but the woman in front of me was wearing a well tailored dress which seemed more formal than what I was wearing to the interview. 

I was lost observing details but her words brought me back to reality.

"So please introduce yourself dear." 

"Um...Yeah, I am Pari, currently a student studying B.tech. I am in my final year of college. I live nearby and thought I might work here to earn some money and gain some experience." 

"Did you work anywhere else before this?"

"No, I don't have any prior work experience so this will be my first time. But I will make sure to do my best and I am a quick learner so if I do not know how to do something then I will make sure to learn it soon."