9.Becoming ours

______________________________________________________________

I woke as Advik was slightly tapping on my shoulder to wake me up.I saw a parking lot as I opened my eyes. It was dark outside.

He helped me get out of the car. We picked up our bags and took a lift to reach his flat. He pressed the floor number. It was on the 10th floor.

"It's pretty up isn't it?" I said in my sleepy voice.

"Yeah you can see a lot from up there" he says as the doors slide open.

I stood there looking around as he took out keys to open the lock.

"From today this is not just my home. It's yours too. Welcome Pari" he said, taking my hand in his and guided me in.

"Thank you" I smiled.

The apartment was big and everything was neat and in order. The walls were painted in light grey and blue. There was a dark grey couch and huge flat screen TV fixed on the wall. There were tiny plant pots and had very tiny flowers in them.

There were no photos hanging on the wall. There was a sitting space in the window where you sit and watch the rest of the city go on with their lives.

There was a well equipped kitchen, I was surprised that it feels like he regularly cooks.

"Yeah I like cooking. So I cook at least one meal a day" he said as if he was reading the thoughts in my mind.

"Good. I think I would get a tasty meal a day then, huh?" I smirked.

"We have two rooms but the other is not furnished, I never thought I would have someone else living with me anytime soon so I made it into my study"  he says.

"Do you have books in your study?" I asked in a hurry.

"Of course, I do," he smiled. "Come, I will show you"

He opened the door, as soon as he did I expected a messy table filled with his work stuff or maybe at least a messy whole room.

Oh but man was I wrong. There was a huge table near the window. It had a PC and a laptop with all the other computer accessories.

But what attracted me was the huge book racks. There were three book racks. I went near them to inspect closely.

"Can I touch them or look through them, if you don't mind?" I asked before I impulsively touched them.

" They are yours as much as they are mine from now on. You can read them and yeah you can sure touch them" he replied as he went to sit in the chair near the table.

I saw various kinds of books, fiction, non fiction, journals and magazines. There were many different genres, romance, historical, drama, true crime, psychological, political and many others.