2.𝖂𝖊 𝖒𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖆𝖌𝖆𝖎𝖓

𝔚𝔥𝔞𝔱𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔰𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔰 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔪𝔞𝔡𝔢 𝔬𝔣, 𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔢 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔞𝔪𝔢.

𝔈𝔪𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔅𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔱𝔢

I reached my hometown (Dharwad) from Bengaluru

I reached my hometown (Dharwad) from Bengaluru. I could feel thechange in the weather around me, from the the cool breeze of Bengaluru to thenow hot humid air of Dharwad was now hitting my face. I was sweating as if Ihad run a marathon before reaching here. As I climbed down from the car I sawthe warm welcoming smiles of my parents.

My cousins who were younger than me came running towards to hug me. "Pari.. Pari...sister" their cheerful voices gave me a huge smile.

After greeting everyone in my family, I quickly went to the washroom to freshen up.

I came out to see my cousins waiting for me. "What do you guys want?" I asked. "Come play hide and seek with us" my cousin asked me with pleasing eyes.

"Guys leave her alone, she's 21 not a child. She can't play with you guys. Can she?", said my mom laughing. I could not help but laugh at the look of disappointment in their eyes. "Fine, I will play for a few minutes only, okay?" I asked them.

Minutes after I was running around trying to catch them, our giggles and laugh filled the air around us.

My cousin ran towards the front of the house near the gate, I followed him. As I did, I saw people arriving at our house.

Suddenly I had crashed into something and had my butt on the ground. I could hear my cousin giggle as I tried to stand up and there was a hand offered to help me.I raised my head to see who it was and was met with a guy. I realised that I had crashed into a person and not something.

I kept thinking where I had seen the brown eyed and curly haired guy now standing in front of me. It seemed as if he was saying something, "are you alright?". His words hit me and brought me back to reality.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine and I'm sorry I should have been more careful". He gave a small smile while nodding to my words.

"PARI!!" I heard my mom calling me from inside the house. "I should go, you are coming in aren't you?" I asked him as I turned around to leave.

"Yes" he replied and we both went in. While he sat on the couch along with the people who came with him, I had to go help my mom in the kitchen.

"Go, hand these out to the guest Pari" my mom handed me a tray filled with glasses containing juice. "Who even are they?" I questioned before going out. "They are the ones who are going to be our in-laws" my mom said.

Even though there were many others eyes on me, only his were the ones which made my hand sweat and made me nervous.

"Her sister should be doing this, where is she anyway?" questioned one of the guests.

"She went out to get some things for the day, you know. She wanted a few more accessories for the occasion" replied my aunt.

Most of the evening was spent chatting and discussing the details about the day of marriage.

While I went out and spent my time playing with my cousins. I knew I was not a child anymore but spending the time with the guests who judge and were narrow minded was out of the question.

He had come out to answer a call. It was a work call I guessed as he mentioned a few meetings and files.

I was playing with the kids but my eyes kept wandering to see him and wishing to somehow talk to him. I wondered if he remembers me as I did of him.

"Advik, Advik I asked you to spend just three days for your cousin's marriage without being distracted. He wants you to get involved and help us out, can't you see that your presence doesn't matter to me but to him it does?". A lady came out of the house to speak to him.

I did not like the way she was talking to him. She was almost scolding him for spending just a few minutes on what seemed like his work.

"Sorry aunt, I had to take the call. I will try to get involved and not get distracted as much as possible". He slid his cellphone into the pocket of his jacket and headed inside behind his aunt.

After a few minutes we all sat in the dining hall to have dinner. I sat directly on the opposite side of him. Even though I was supposed to be serious, I could not stop blushing the every second I sat there. But as the atmosphere was filled with joy and laughter no one seemed to notice me.

After few minutes of trying to sit very lady like I got tired. I got back in my seat and stretched out my legs as I always did and realised my feet reached his and slightly brushed against his. I was right about that being his feet because he was surprised and raised his head to look at me.

I was now fully aware of my stupidity as he had spilled a little sambhar on his shirt in process of being shocked.

"Shit" he murmured under his breath.

"Sorry" I shaped out the words by mouth.

"Pari!" I heard my mom taking my name, I turned my head towards her. "Go show him the washroom and help if he needs it," she said as he got up.

"This way" I went ahead of him to show the way. After making sure we were out of everyone's sight I turned towards him. "I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. I'm just a little clumsy". I looked at him with hopeful eyes, wishing he would forgive me.

"It's okay, you know what you have been saying sorry or either keep crashing into me since I met you the first time". He chuckled as he said it and started wiping his shirt trying to clean the stain.

I took a tissue and got it wet a little. I took a few steps closer to him and looked at him "shall i?" ,to help him with the stain.

He took his hands of the stain and nodded slowly. I started to slowly rub the stain with the wet tissue.

"Does this mean you remember me?" I looked up at him. I was now close to him and had my hand on his shirt. I could feel his heartbeat under my heart.

"Yes" ,his answer took me by surprise and I took a sharp inhale of breath. "The first time we crashed into each other on my graduation day, I do remember you". I could see a small smile on his lips as well as mine.

༘⋆♡⸝⸝💌love ⊹。 °˖➴

ꜱʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʙʏ ᴠᴏᴛɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛꜱ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ.○● ᴛʜᴀɴᴋꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ, ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇᴅ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀᴅ.○●ɢᴏꜱʜ ɪ ᴡɪꜱʜ ɪ ʜᴀᴅ ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍʏ ᴄʀᴜꜱʜ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡɪꜱʜ. 🤞