10.Getting closer

_______________________________________________________________

I was a little tired after work. I thought of Pari as I stood in the elevator, about what she did all day long by herself. I cannot wait to meet her.

I knocked on the door but there was no answer. So I tried calling her but she didn't pick up.

I took out the second set of keys that I kept in my office bag for an emergency. I opened the lock and slowly entered the house. I could hear the distant sounds of pop music. I figured that it was coming from our room so I slowly knocked but she might not have heard it.

I opened the door slightly and looked at her dancing to the pop music blasting from the bluetooth speakers.

I groaned lightly when I suddenly cut my hand by the sharp edge of the door lock.

"Advik, are you okay" she screamed. I could see both worry and shock in her face.

"Yeah it's just a small cut. I should be fine" I came in and sat on the bed trying to see what had actually happened to my hand.

"Let me see" she took my hand in her hand for a closer look.

She was closer to my face than she had ever been.

I could see the small arch of her eyebrows, how long her eyelashes touched her cheeks every time she blinked. She had plum pink lips, they looked soft. It was the first time I ever felt like kissing them and to see how they tasted. I wondered how they would feel against mine.

I could see the trail of small beads of her sweat in her forehead because she had been dancing. I raised my left hand to swipe it off.

She suddenly raised her head as soon as I wiped her sweat and her warm brown eyes met mine. They were captivating, they had a pull that would not let me look away.

"Your forefinger and middle finger are scratched and bleeding, where is the first aid kit? I will go fetch it so I can help you with the wound". It took me a few seconds to register what she said.

"They are in the last step of the cupboard in the bathroom" I said as I remembered where it was.

"I will go get it" she went to the bathroom as I sat there waiting for her.

That is when I felt the pain in my wounds, it was as if I was pierced with a needle.

She sat beside me opening the box. There was a bowl of water she brought to clean the wounds. She wiped the blood carefully with a wet cotton, then applied tincture carefully. I hissed as soon as it hit my bare wounds, it stinged.

"It's okay" she tried to calm me down.

Then finally she took a small bandage to apply on the wounds.

"Thank you, Pari. I...I don't remember anyone worrying about my injuries since my..my mom died. She was sad and hurt as if she was the one hurt, every time she tended me with an injury when I was a child" I scoffed. But the memories left me sad.