4.Stuck with you

《Heaven is a place on earth with you
~Lana Del Rey 》

_______________________________________________________________

We were to gathered to go to the temple. It was situated on top of a hill so we had to climb stairs in the scorching heat of the Dharwad at noon. The sun was directly on top of the head, blazing the heat. Before even reaching the top I was sweating making my clothes stick to my body. I hated this feeling.

While I was struggling, Pari seemed to be having fun with her little cousins.

She was having a competition as to who would reach to the top first. Gosh, she knows how to have fun at each and every second of the day.

I was unknowingly smiling watching her. But suddenly she turned around and our eyes met. I was caught staring at her. She just stood there and sent her cousins away.

" You seem to be tired so soon" she laughed.

I saw her as her corners of her lips moved upwards. She had the most beautiful smile. I could watch her smile and laugh for hours and still not get enough.

"I will meet you at the top" she climbed ahead of me.

As I took the last step on the stairs and reached the top, the cool breeze hit my face and made the heat somewhat bearable.

"You never get tired, do you?" I asked as Pari stood there watching me recovering from the climb.

"I try having fun whenever its possible. You should try it too" saying that she went inside the temple to join her family and the others.

As I stood there in the top I could see the hills and huge rocks far away. There were farm lands looking in various beautiful shades of green. The highway in which had travelled to reach the temple looked soo tiny as well as the vehicles travelling in it.

The sweet memories of me and my parents visiting this temple hit me while I stood there watching those things once I did with my parents.

I remembered the stupid questions that I would ask my father. "Is it our village papa?" I had once asked my father seeing the village near the temple.

"No my dear, it is not" my father had replied.

My eyes almost teared up. A single ear rolled onto my cheek and I quickly wiped it not wanting the others to notice it.

I thought later I could visit the house where I had lived with my parents. So I sent a message to my cousin Rohith a short message that something urgent came up, so I had to leave early.

I came down from the hill and walked towards my car.As I stood there about to open my car door I felt as if someone was calling my name. I turned around to see Pari.

"Advik, Advik where are you going?" she called out.

"I..I have to go somewhere. But what are you doing?" I was shocked to see her here.

"I was tired too, I cannot take anymore of those people and their tiring traditions. Can I come with you too? Also where are going anyway?" she was quick to throw questions at me to which I didn't know how to answer.

"Please, please I promise I won't do any stupid things I will just sit in the car if you want" she made those pleading eyes which I could not just simply ignore.

"Fine, you can come with me" I replied and we hopped into the car to get out of the place.

"Where are we going anyway?" she was sitting in the passenger seat looking out of the window. Her earrings were swaying slowly along with her hair as the wind blew through the open window.She was looking beautiful as if an angel who went everywhere I go.

"Are you going to keep staring at me or will you answer? Also look ahead you are the one driving" she said which made me turn my head ahead quickly.

"I thought I heard you say that you were willing to go anywhere I went" I said chuckling.

"Um.. yeah I did so I assume you are not going tell me where we are going then, huh?" she asked.

"Wait and watch" I said as we got closer to my home. My previous home if to be precise.

************************************

As we reached the house she sat upright.

"What place is this? Who lives here? Why are we here? What-"she seemed to go on about her questions so I placed my forefinger on her plump pink lips.

"Shhh... calm down, you are safe and this is my childhood home. Now if you want you can come inside with me or stay here in the car and wait for me to return" I said while getting out of the car.

"I will come with you" she said and joined me.

The house stayed the same since the last day I had seen it. Only there were no people who once lived there.

"Who is it?" my grandmother came out slowly along with the lady who I had hired to help her with everything.

"It's me ajjamma (granny)" I said slowly, bending to touch her feet to show my respect.

"Oh my god! finally you decided to come meet me huh? My dear" she said, wrapping her arms around me and hugging me tightly.

"Sorry, I did not come soon" I took a step back.

"I see you have brought a pretty girl with you, who is see? Did you get a girlfriend ?". Even after years she still likes teasing me.

"She is going to be Rohith's in law soon. She is his soon to be sister in law" I motioned her to come forward.

"You are a pretty girl, I thought finally I could expect a few great grandchildren from my grandson" my grandmother's words clearly made Pari blush and shy away.

"Please, stop it ajjamma you are embarrassing me" I cried out.

"Fine, come let's go in and get something to eat for both of you" she held Pari's hand and led us inside.

After a having huge meal, we went decided to look around.

"This house is soo beautiful, you are lucky to grow up here. Aren't you?" she asked.

"I wouldn't say that I was lucky if I were you" I replied.

_______________________________________________________________

♡♡♡♡ Thank you for reading♡♡♡♡

Show some love by voting and leave your thoughts in the comments