18.He's not here

_______________________________________________________________

We went to sleep after having a steamy session in our bed, the night was unusually cold so we wore clothes before going to bed. But the bed stayed warm as we snuggled together.

As I woke up the next morning, our kitten had climbed onto the bed. She was a cute and furry doughnut by my legs on the blanket.

The cat purred as I moved my body across it and ended up twirling its tiny tail with my fingers.

"Did you sleep well? love" I ask as I scratch her below her cheeks.

She meows softly as I kiss her on her head.

I could hear the water tapping, the floor in the shower. So I assumed Advik was in the shower

"Pari are you awake?" Adviks voice comes from the shower along with the mellow sounds of water running.

"Yep" I scream back.

"Can you get me my towel? I think I forget to take it with me"

"Sure."

I get up and take a towel along with me towards the bathroom.

"Here," I extend my arm into the shower curtains without pulling them apart.

His wet hands reach out and pull me forward and I crash into him in the shower.

The water drops onto my hair and rushes down my body. It makes my clothes hug my body as they get wet. The white shirt is now drenched making my body outlines visible.

"So it was a lie after all" I smirk against his lips as he kisses me.

"Well, anything goes as long as it can bring you in here with me" he says as we pant after the kiss.

The warm water streams down our bodies which were pulled closed against each other.

He slowly pushed me against the wet tiles, as soon as the slightly cold tiles brushed against my skin I shivered due to it. But after a few seconds of kissing and moving hands along each other's bodies it no longer mattered.

Our lips moved in sync and I bit his lower lip to which he groaned. His tongue graced along my lips while his hands took my finger into his intertwining them.

"I would love to continue this, but I would be late for classes." I whispered as he moved on to my neck.

"Alright, we will stop here. I will get out and you can shower properly." He got out and wrapped the towel which I had brought around his waist.

I stripped off my clothes and got naked for the shower. The warm water hugged me as I stood below the showerhead.

I was washing off the shower gel when I noticed the marks he had left on the skin of my thigh. I remembered our previous night and blushed as the memories came crashing.

But the reality of him leaving in a few days came crashing and hit me.

Tears came flooding down my cheeks along with the water in the shower. I stood there letting them flow and somehow tried myself to calm down. I can't let him know that I cried which would make him worry more.
No, I did want that to happen so I stopped tearing up and got out of the shower to dry myself.

************************

Advik dropped me off at the entrance as usual and before letting out the car had stolen a kiss from my lips.

I waved at saying bye with a blush on my face.

Swapna pulled me and rushed towards class. She was all over me yesterday sucking out the details of me about my marriage. She had been teasing me about him all day long yesterday. I was giggling and blushing as I told her about him.

"It all feels like a freaking fairytale Pari!!" She screamed as I pulled my shoulders against her.

"It all felt like a nightmare at the beginning. I just felt tragic and thought why did this happen to me? But now I look behind and realise I needed it, I needed him." I say with a small smile on my lips.

"You mentioned he is going to leave for the USA soon." Anirudh had been all along with us hearing my story.

"Yeah, he will be leaving in a month I believe."
I don't like remembering this fact often but it just keeps popping up at least once in a day.

"So what would you do if he meets someone there and likes them more? Or what if you meet someone here and like them more?" His questions pushed me into an abyss of worry.

"I don't think something like that would happen?" I pushed his question into the deep corner of my mind. But I could feel it lurking all day in my mind.

**********************

Just after the classes ended a notice came in, that there was going to be a fest in our college. This would be the last fest I would get to enjoy before I graduate so I was excited.

I headed towards the entrance expecting Advik waiting for me but I could not find him anywhere. I tried calling him but no answer was found.

I stood there thinking of going to the bus stop and travelling in the bus to reach home.

"Hey, Pari!!"
I heard someone yell my name and turned towards its source. It was Anirudh on his bike, he was waving at me.

"Whom are you waiting for? "
He asked with a grin on his face.

"Advik is not here, so thinking of going to the bus stop."

"Well hop on, I could drop by your home."
He threw the other helmet into my hands and patted on the backseat of his bike.

I stood there not knowing what to do for a while.

"Come on, I am not going to kidnap you or something"

I hop on and decide to go with.

"Looks like your lovely hubby forgot to pick you up"
He teased us while we were travelling.

"I guess so." I chuckled

He sped up way too fast. I moved forward to grip his shoulders.

He had planned to tease me all the way till we reached my home it seems.

We reached my home and he dropped me off without agreeing to come in as I invited him.

I knocked on the door but he did not open. I tried calling and it went straight to his voicemail.

I took out the spare key and opened the lock and went inside.

There he was on the brown rug in the living area. Our cat was sleeping on his side. They were looking cute together just snuggling side by side. I took out my mobile and took the picture which I decided to have as my both lock and home wallpaper from now on.

I brought a blanket from our room and spread it on both of them.

I sat there looking at my cuties snuggling closer and in deep sleep. It was right of me to come with Anirudh and to witness this cute thing.

____________________________

THANK YOU FOR READING ❣
PLEASE SHOW SOME LOVE BY VOTING AND COMMENTING ❤