19. The fairytale

_______________________________________________________________

I was in the kitchen making our dinner. Pari was on the stool chopping the veggies, while our kitty was on the other stool sleeping beside her. She stood up after chopping the veggies and brought them near the stove. I was cooking her favorite curd rice as an apology for not picking her up.

"You know you don't have to do all that, right?" She had said but I really was not okay with breaking my promise.

Her hair was tied back down into a loose low ponytail but few strands like the tendrils of plants adored her beautiful face.

She came behind me and her arms went around my waist hugging me tightly.

I turned around to give her the plates with food ready to serve.

I gave a quick kiss on her lips and we sat down to have dinner.

Before she sat down she went to fill up the kitty's feeding bowl. She was giving loads of love to the cat since the first day. It was almost her baby now.

"We have a fest coming up in college, Advik. It will be my last in college so I want to go with you".

She was looking at me with eyes filled up with hope.

"I will surely go with if its soo important to you."

She excitedly hugged me and kissed me on cheeks.

I love her looking like this all excited and happy like a small puppy.

We finished our dinner and went into our study.

**********************************************

I sat on the small rug that was near the wall and slouched back against it. She sat between my legs, her head in the crook of my neck and her back against my chest.

"Can you read this one to me?"

She had brought a fairytale book.

"I don't remember buying this ever, is this yours?"

"Yeah, I wanted to read this with you so I bought it as I saw it in the store."

She had a beaming smile on her face, she looked cute.

Our cat came in slowly and plopped herself on the rug against her legs.

"So shall I begin?"

"Yeah." She nodded.

°•⊙°°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•°⊙•°⊙°•°⊙°•⊙°°•⊙⊙°•⊙⊙°•⊙°•°°•°°•⊙

°•⊙°•°⊙°•⊙⊙°° °⊙••°⊙°°•°⊙°•°⊙°•°⊙°•°⊙°⊙°⊙°•⊙⊙°•°•°°•

It was a story of a princess who fell in love with the moon prince.

She was beautiful like the lotus which bloomed under the creamy moonlight and he shined as a moon himself in the night as he came to visit her.

But soon the news spread and both sides of the family were not okay with the blooming love between the twin flame lovers.

He was dragged back to the moon, his original home, to never return.

While she was forbidden to be let out to the moonlight.

But before they were cruelly separated the prince had given her an immortal potion which could let her live for centuries to come.

She thought it was his parting gift.

She felt the potion was useless, what was she expected to do living for centuries without her love? Where was the pleasure of immortality without him to enjoy it?

Without him she was in soo much pain not being able to see him for days already.

So after waiting for him for decades she gave up hope and killed herself, not being able to survive her lover's absence.

One fine night when the moon shone brightly with all its beauty, he came in the hopes of meeting her and never to go back without her along with him.

But instead of her, he found her grave with engravings of her on it being lit by the moonlight which made the grave made of marble shine like her skin used to.

He wept in the moonlight, his tears shined as if diamonds were falling in the bright moonlight.

As he was crying about the unfortune he faced, he saw a woman approaching the grave with a small girl who undoubtedly looked similar to his lover.

The little girl stood behind grabbing the woman's skirt. The woman was too old to be her mother though.

The old woman began speaking as she saw him.

"I know you will be back, I knew it ... .I knew it... She waited for you for years with hope but you never came." Her words became unclear as she was sobbing at the end of her sentence.

"Please tell me what happened to her, I...I... gave her an immortality potion whatever had happened to that?"

"She never consumed it herself and gave it to your daughter when she was critically injured in her childbirth. Your daughter survived because of the potion but our mistress... she died during childbirth."

The old woman brought forward the little girl who resembled her mother in many ways. She was the spitting image of her mother but had her fathers curly hair instead of her mothers straight hair.

He bent down still tears streaming down in his face and hugged the grave as if it was her.

The little girl came forward and uttered "Papa please don't cry"

His eyes widened and he wanted to stop crying but only more tears flooded his eyes. He got up and hugged his daughter with all the love he had. She brought her arms around him and hugged him back.

He thanked the old woman and gave her many gemstones to show his gratitude.

He decided that no one could separate him and his daughter so took her with him to his home back to the moon.

**********************************

"Um....Advik, are you crying?"

Pari looked back at me and brought her fingers to wipe the tears off my cheek.

"I just felt sad and I don't know how to explain it."

"It's fine you don't have to explain it, it was such a tragic story after all."

She hugged me and we ended up staying in that position for a few minutes.

I just did not feel okay after reading it, I was about to leave Pari too.

But suddenly I started to question my decision to leave her to go abroad.

The tears did not stop and kept streaming down my cheeks as my mind was full with just one question.

Are my decisions correct in leaving her for my studies in the USA?

________________________________________

THANK YOU FOR READING🥰

SHOW SOME LOVE BY VOTING AND COMMENTING 💖