21. Melting ice

________________________________________________

As we stepped inside the house our cat greeted us with and rubbed its body along our legs to get our attention.

I bent down and picked it up.

"Aw....My love, did you miss us? Come let me feed you"

Pari took the cat from my arms carrying it to its feeding bowl and filled it up with cat food.

When it comes to our cat she is very careful regarding its food, bed and safety. She is totally a cat mommy now.

"What are you smiling all to yourself, huh? Spill it."
She took my shirt collar gently tugging on it and began slowly opening its buttons.

I pulled closer and rested my hands on the small of her back.

Her beautiful plump pink lips corners went up forming an angelic smile. My fingers went up and brushed a tendril of hair back into its place behind the ear.

She took my hands and pressed them against her cheeks before I could move any further. She brought my palms against her lips and kissed them.

I held her hands which were busy opening my shirt buttons.

My face lost its smile and became serious. She noticed the change and her eyebrows pushed against each other as if she was worried about it.

"What is it Advik?"
She pressed her palm against my cheek.

"I need to tell you something, I think we need to talk."

"I...I have been meaning to ask you something too"

"Okay you go first." I wanted to know about hers before I told her.

"So.. the thing is ...what if you like someone when you are there? More than me, I am sure I wont feel the way I feel with you with anyone else other than you. I just can't think of letting you go.."

A tear emerged from her eye and rushed down leaving a wet trail on her cheek. Before it could go any further down I brushed it off with my thumb.

" That's never going to happen Pari.
I can't even get you out of my mind for even one second of every day, every hour. I am busy falling for you over and over again to even see other girls.

I don't like you Pari, it's more than that for me..I love you. I love you Pari and it's getting hard for me to even think of leaving you.

Honestly I am having second thoughts about my decision about leaving. I think I don't want to go, but also I need to go......I don't know what to make of it. How am I going to live without you for soo long? I was fine going when I hadn't met you but now I......"

"What!?" To my surprise she seemed shocked and a little angry at my words.

"Are you kidding me!?

You are going Advik I don't want to be the reason for you to lose such an opportunity. You have been working hard all these years for this!