forty-nine.

(   THE   .   GRABBER.   )

"what?" finney asked into the phone, listening to the static that he was getting used to hearing by now. "hey, finn. what’s happening?" robin asked, standing beside finney, whose eyes widened in surprise. "robin?" he asked, voice cracking slightly at the sound of his friends voice. "hey, buddy, don’t cry" robin sighed, frowning at finney, who sniffled and wiped his tears away, "i’m not" he muttered. "yes, you are, i can see you"

"you can?" finney asked, hope filling his eyes. "i’m with you, i’ve been with you this whole time" robin admitted, making eye contact with emmett, who smiled softly. "you have?" finney asked, brows furrowed in surprise. "a man never leaves a friend behind. my dad didn’t leave his buddies behind when he went to ‘nam" robin said, walking by finney, who also walked by robin, the two switching places. "that’s why he didn’t come home, and I’m not coming home either. and i’m not going to leave you behind" robin said, watching as finney stared down at the floor.

"we’ll be together again soon" the blake muttered, smiling down at the ground softly. "fuck that. you ain’t gonna go like i did" robin said, staring at finney sadly as emmett did aswell. "i’ve tried everything, nothing’s worked" finney sighed out tiredly, eyes watering once again. "yet." robin spoke firmly. "robin…" the boy sighed out.

"do you remember what i told you?" robin asked, watching as finney thought about it. "that I needed to see texas chain saw massacre?" he asked, unsure. "before that" robin said, watching as finney thought once again. "that someday i have to stand up for myself" he finally realized. "someday is today, finn. today’s the day you stop taking shit from anybody" robin said, stepping closer to finney. "i'm not a fighter like you, robin" finney muttered, "you couldn’t even take him"

"you’ve always been a fighter, finn. that’s what we have in common, why we were friends" he paused, sharing a look with emmett before continuing, "you were always afraid to throw a punch, but you always knew how to take one, and you always got back up every time" the boy said, and he was right. everytime finney had been brought down, he always got back up and emmett admired that. "i’m not strong enough" he muttered, sighing as he looked up at the ceiling. "you have to be, you’re getting out of here. if you can’t do it for you, do it for me. for em." he spoke firmly, staring at finney with narrowed eyes. "what does it matter?" the boy asked, frowning slightly at the mention of emmett.

"because I don’t want to die for nothing, i want to at least have died for a friend." robin stared at finney with a frown, shoulders slumped before he straightened out as he spoke his next words. "and because i can’t kill that hijo de puta, you have to do it for me" he spoke firmly, not a waver in his voice. vance and emmett shared a glance, brows raised in confusion. "how?" finney questioned, also confused. "you’re gonna use a weapon" robin spoke confidently, eyeing finney. "what weapon?"

"the one in your hand" robin said, eyes trained on the phone. "the phone?" finney pulled it back a bit to look at it as robin thought for a second. "fill the receiver with dirt. pack it in tight, give it some heft" he finally said. "then what?" finney questioned, as he mentally repeated what robin had told him to do. "then you practice over and over. you raise the phone, take a fast step back, step forward, step back and swing" robin demonstrated as he spoke, and finney only listened, brows furrowed in thought. "try it." robin said.

"now?" the blake asked, staring around as if sensing the eyes of the others. "yes" robin answered, watching as finney stood and raised the phone a bit. "you raise the phone, take a fast step back" the two moved, finney's movements more slowed and unsure. "step forward, step back and swing" he swung the phone weakly, barely making any movement. "swing harder, finn" emmett said, watching as finney nodded. "again. you raise the phone, take a fast step back, step forward, step back and swing" this time, finney swung harder but barely made any improvement. "again. you raise the phone, take a fast step back, step forward, step back and swing"

"again. you raise the phone, take a fast step back step forward, step back and swing" emmett watched as this time, finney put his all into it, the two moving swiftly and in sync, his swing hard and fast. "you got it, now fill the phone with dirt like I told you" robin said, walking to lean against the wall beside the phone. "will I still be able to talk with you?" finney asked, panting slightly from his previous movements. "this was the last call, finn, it’s all you from here on out" robin muttered, watching as finney's head dropped lower. "i miss you, robin" he whispered softly. "then get out for me, use what we gave you" robin said, crossing his arms as he looked at finney. "i will." the boy promised. "bye, finn" robin muttered, watching as finney smiled sadly, "bye, robin" he said back, sniffling once more as he hung up.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
weed makes me emotional so im in tears rn, also remembering how much i sobbed during this scene and im super tempted to rewatch it and/or watch sad edits on tt😍