ten.

(   THE   .   GRABBER.   )

emmett sat bored out of his mind beside vance, spinning the sprite bottle and humming to himself. overtime, he found out that being a ghost wasn't all that bad, except for the fact that he was stuck in this hellhole. he also had time to learn that he could move things, which is something he enjoyed. paperboy always got annoyed at him for this, but that guy was annoyed like half of the time so emmett didn't care much. unlike him, the others hadn't thought of being able to move things and never tried, only watching with raised brows everytime emmett practiced until he finally mastered it.

"what the fuck?" emmett stilled and stopped humming as vance awoke and now eyed the bottle with wide eyes. "oh, shit" vance reached out and stopped the bottle, shivering at how cold he suddenly felt. he stood up quickly and glared down at the bottle. emmett flinched back as vance kicked the bottle, causing it to shatter as it hit the wall harshly. "what the fuck?" emmett scoffed and got up, instead choosing to sit against the wall, right next to baseball.

vance quickly looked away from the shards of glass, breathing heavily as he headed to the 'bathroom'. emmett watched with curiosity as he felt the wall, pressing his ear against it and smirking in satisfaction. pulling his hand back with an exhale, vance punched the wall, over and over. emmett scrunched his face up and looked away, the sound of vance's fist colliding with the wall filling the room.

"he could use the toilet cover" paperboy muttered and emmett turned to him, a grin on his face, "great idea!" emmett walked over and focused before picking the corner of the toilet cover up and then dropping it with a bang. "what the fuck?!" vance turned around and eyed the toilet skeptically. he looked around, breathing deeply as emmett did it again. "c'mon man, use the fucking toilet cover" vance shook his head, confused before he walked to the mattress, sitting down for a quick break.

"this fucker is getting on my nerves" emmett growled out as he glared at vance, arms crossed across his chest. "do you think we should try calling?" shortstack motioned to the phone on the wall and emmett scoffed. "you guys ever try it?" the three nodded and emmett threw his hands in the air, "then why would it work now?" baseball groaned and shrugged, "maybe he's different or maybe you could try?" emmett huffed before walking over to the phone and dialing. he jumped as the phone rang and they all looked at eachother, watching vance look at it, confused. "this is so fucking stupid" vance muttered to himself as he walked up to the phone, picking it up.

"hello?" vance looked around the room, brows furrowed. "you're a fucking idiot" emmett seethed, which caused vance to frown in anger. "fuck you say to me?" paperboy scoffed in disbelief, "he can hear you!" he laughed, as did emmett. "you can hear me?" vance scoffed and nodded, "yeah. who the fuck are you?" emmett's smile left his face as he walked through vance. "emmett wood"

"holy shit! you're one of the missing kids. how are you calling me?" emmett chuckled at this as vance looked around confused. "I'm dead, but stop being a dumbass and use the toilet cover" emmett sat on the mattress, next to vance and watched him shiver at the sudden coldness that engulfed him. "you're here?.." vance looked to his left, unknowingly looking right at emmett. "we are. but you have to hurry up. I'll call again later" before vance could say anything else, emmett hung up as he turned to the others.

"he took that surprisingly well" emmett frowned as paperboy rolled his eyes. "i mean, he has been kidnapped. he probably thinks he's going insane" emmett scoffed "shut up" he muttered as he laid on the mattress, listening to vance continue to make the hole, this time using the toilet cover and grunting as he did so.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
this feels rushed lol
anyways, i've had zero motivation to write lately and this book is nothing like i wanted it to be but idc :)
ALSO THANK YOU ALL SM FOR 1K I LITERALLY DID NOT THINK THAT WOULD HAPPEN WTF😭