four.

(   THE   .   GRABBER.   )

after a while of lying around, bored, emmett took a minute to look around the room, and tilted his head at the sight of the window that was way too high for him to reach. suddenly getting an idea, emmett headed towards the bathroom where he began dragging the rolled up carpets that he had seen before towards the window.

once all the carpets were stacked, he backed up against the wall opposite to the window, inhaling deeply. "come on, you got this" putting his right foot forward, he planted his hands on the wall, keeping his eyes on the carpets.

suddenly, he ran as fast as he could, stepping onto the carpets and jumping as he did. he held onto the window sill, keeping himself up. he grunted as he used all the strength in his arms to push himself up, peeking out the window. he noted that the sun was about to set but he frowned as he didn't recognize what street he could be on. a yelp left his lips as his hands suddenly slipped, sending him falling to the floor.

"shit!" emmett laid on the floor for a minute, wincing at the pain that engulfed his body before he got up. he once again walked to the opposite wall and repeated his steps. except this time, when he hoisted himself up, he used one hand to tug at the metal bars that covered the window. he huffed as he kept tugging harshly, stopping and resting his forehead on the wall as he gave up. "this is fucking bullshit" with a groan, he got down and decided to give up, tugging his jacket off and throwing it on the mattress.

he quickly began to move the carpets back to the bathroom, having memorized where they were and placing them back in their original place. once he finished moving all the carpets back, he wiped his forehead with the back of his hand, huffing as he did so. he defeatedly walked back to the mattress, laying down on it and deciding to sleep.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
ngl i'm kinda excited to get to the part where he's a ghost lol :)
considering writing him watching vance and robin while they're there too bcs i'm not sure of the order but i'm pretty sure vance went missing, and then robin did (not sure tho)
also, thank you sm for 100 reads :)))