thirteen.

(   THE   .   GRABBER.   )

"since when can you fucking poke?" were vance's first words as he picked up the phone, voice hoarse. "since now, i guess" emmett chuckled as he sat down on the bed beside vance. "this is so fucking weird" vance mumbled, watching the mattress dip slightly, the coldness engulfing him. "tell me about it" emmett sighed as he looked up at the ceiling. "you okay?" emmett asked and watched as vance shrugged. "i almost got out but the fucker has a lock on the front door. he caught me and beat the shit out of me."

"yeah. he beat all of us. paperboy says he's pissed about the wall." emmett sighed and watched as vance furrowed his brows. "paperboy? i thought it was only you" vance looked around the whole room now as emmett looked at the other three. "it's four of us, they just can't talk to you for some reason" vance nodded his head slowly, trying to wrap his head around it all. "how did he kill you?" vance questioned and emmett sighed at this, staring at the bottle of sprite on the floor. "he didn't"

it was quiet for a minute as vance processed his words. "you didn't fucking try?!" vance seethed into the phone and emmett furrowed his brows at his sudden mood change. "chill the fuck out. i tried but i didn't have anyone on the phone for me, i couldn't do it. you probably fucking can" emmett glared at vance, who glared at the air beside him. "so what? you fucking killed yourself?" emmett swallowed thickly at this, nodding softly. "i wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of killing me. you should've seen his face when he saw me, fucker was angry." emmett bitterly chuckled as he remembered how it all went down. "it's not too bad. in my opinion."

"what isn't too bad?" vance questioned and emmett stared at him for a second. "dying" vance nodded slowly, rubbing his ribs, as he felt a sharp pain. "you should rest but if he comes down and leaves the door unlocked, don't go up."

"why?" vance questioned and emmett groaned in annoyance. "he's going to be waiting for you with a belt and he's going to beat the shit out of you. he didn't say you could leave" emmett frowned as vance swallowed thickly and nodded. "go to sleep vance, we'll be here" vance nodded again and mumbled a bye before hanging up and laying down, ignoring the fact that a ghost was next to him.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
just them talking bcs yeah
also, i realise this may not be how vance is but i'd like to think that he's scared bcs who wouldn't be and he became a huge softie <3
so sad for him to die ngl
also my right leg is like swollen?? or i have a bump on it? idk what it is tbh but its so big holy shit