six.

(   THE   .   GRABBER.   )

TW

emmett laid on the mattress afterwards, tears streaming down his face and back aching with pain. he shoved his fist in his hand, a weak attempt to muffle his sobs of pain despite being aware that nobody could hear him anyways.

he was rolled up into a ball, cradling himself as he glared at the wall opposite him in anger. his lip trembled as his eyes locked on the empty bottle of sprite. his eyes closed after a second of staring before he reached over and grabbed the bottle, smashing it on the floor, and watching it break into multiple pieces.

his hand trembled as he grabbed one of the sharpest pieces he could find, holding onto it tightly as he looked around the room again. "I'm so sorry, mom" he sobbed because he knew how worried his mom would be at this moment. he knew that she would want him to keep fighting but he wasn't meant for this. he truly was scared even though he had admitted to himself that he would die, and he would die but in his own way.

he didn't want to die at the hands of the grabber. he would never let him have the satisfaction of taking him as a victim. hence why his hands trembled as he held the piece of glass, holding it to his skin and slashing at it, deep.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
never wanted emmett to have such a big death but i feel like this is equally impactful. like he doesn't want the grabber to have the satisfaction of killing someone else and he doesn't want his deah to be whatever pain ridden death that the grabber has set out for him. honestly feel so bad for doing this :/