You Found A Cat? - Matsuno Chifuyu

"Who left you here?" Chifuyu asks softly, crouching beside the box. The little white cat meows when he sees him, trying to reach the boy with the paws. Chifuyu reaches his fingers and plays with the cat, smiling.

"I can't bring you to school." He says, a troubled expression on his face. "I'm sorry. But I'll pick you up later, okay?" He gets up and starts to walk, but then rain starts to pour. Chifuyu glances at the cat, and then at his umbrella, and then places the object near the box, shielding the cat.

Then he runs to the school.

*

The class's attention diverts to the door as you loudly slide it open, entering the room while panting slightly, your clothes and hair slightly humid from the rain.

Even so, you were smiling slightly. That was caught Chifuyu's attention.

"I'm sorry!" You quickly say to the teacher with a bow. Then you move to your seat as the teacher scolds you.

The class then resumed normally, and you think you're safe.

But then it meows. All heads turn to you again, curious looks on their faces. You feel your cheeks heating from embarrassment, but you smile nervously. "O-Oh, I'm sorry, I yawn loudly, it's a family condition."

But then the sound comes again, your mouth closed. You hit the table with your fist slightly, frustrated. You had one job, Olaf, one job, and that was to keep quiet.

The teacher looks at you, a brow raised. "Did you bring a cat, (L/N)-san?"

"Who, me? Of course not, that's ridiculous-" Your school bag falls, and the cat comes out of it. Immediately there were 'aww' and 'ohh' sounds, people marveling at the sight. All but the teacher.

And Chifuyu, who saw the same cat he had seen that morning with you. He glanced between you and the cat, shocked.

You smile nervously again, moving your gaze to the teacher. "The cat was out there!" You try to explain as you get up and take the kitten in your hands. "And it was raining, and he's so cute, and I just couldn't help it..."

The teacher sighs, slightly less annoyed. "I understand what you mean, but that is simply against the rules. You can't just bring animals to school."

You nod as you rub the kitten gently, and he purrs. For that, it was all worth it.

*

"Here, Matsuno-san." You say as you reach out your arm, a blue umbrella on your hand. The boy stops mid-movement as he slipped his normal shows on, looking up at you. The school had ended, everyone was getting back home.

"How... How did you know that umbrella is mine?"

You smile warmly. "I'm good at remembering trivial things. I saw it by the box and decided to bring it." You hesitate, then add. "You were very sweet, shielding the cat from the rain."

He finishes putting his shoes back on and takes the umbrella, blushing slightly from the compliment. "Oh... that was nothing compared to what you did." He says as he glances down at the cat in your arms.

You shake your head. "No, I just never really think of the consequences when I get an idea in my mind." You grimace. "That will bring me a lot of trouble, I'm sure."

He smiles slightly. "Did you want to adopt the cat?" You ask.

Chifuyu blinks, surprised by the question. "What?"

You shrug. "You just seem the type to adopt a cat you see on the street." You smile brightly. "Like me!"

His eyes widen slightly. She reminds me of Baji-san.

"Well, if you want Olaf, you can have him." You say, caressing the cat. "I have many animals, and I'm sure I'll just keep on having more."

"Olaf?" Chifuyu cocks his head slightly.

You nod. "You know, like the snowman. Since he's white. And a male." You didn't know why you just kept on talking, when you should just shut up.

He smiles, and you feel your heart skipping a beat. "That's a funny name. I like it." He glances at the cat, troubled. "Are you sure you don't mind, (L/N)-san?"

You shake your head. "I am. But I would appreciate if you would let me see him from time to time."

"Of course! You're always welcome to visit!"

His sudden readiness caught you off guard, but then you think it was cute.

"Thank you!" Then, you stretch your arms while taking a few steps, handing him the cat. He takes it, and your fingers brush against his hands and wrists. The cat takes your index in its little paws, and you stop in place, smiling. When you look up at Chifuyu is when you realize how close you two were. You blush slightly, stepping away.

You look at the ground, not sure what to say. He looked uncertain as well.

"Oi, Chifuyu!" A blond person appears around the corner, patting Chifuyu's back. You had seen him at school, in the halls. Then he notices the cat. "You have a cat? It's cute."

"Well, I just got it, Takemichi. It's named Olaf." Chifuyu smiles at the word, glancing at you.

"I'll be going now." You say, uncomfortable by the familiarity between them and that you didn't. "See ya tomorrow, Matsuno-san."

"Wait!" You stop, looking at him curiously. "Would... Would you like to come to my house now?"

You could not describe the intense feeling of joy that washes over you.

"I would love to!"