You Had A Tutor? - Sendo Atsushi

I need more Atsushi screen/manga time

"It was only a bad grade. One. Why would I need a tutor?" You ask, annoyed.

"Because," Your mom answers, not lifting up her eyes from the papers she was reading.

"You have to continue having the best grades you can. Or have you forgotten that you want to get in Medicine?"

You sigh as you cross your arms. "No, I haven't. But it was only one bad grade. This test went terribly for everyone. The teacher said that she will be doing another one for recuperation."

"You're not everyone, (Y/N). This grade only warns us that you have to work harder in

math."

"But I hate math!" You complain and your mom makes a small smile as she pats your head.

"I know. I hated too. But it is necessary for our future. You'll see." With that, your mom organizes her things to leave for work. You hadn't classes in the afternoon.

"Yeah, yeah. And when will the tutor come?"

"Today."

"Eh?" You, shocked. "So soon?"

"Yes. It seems that he hasn't classes in the afternoon too."

"He? So, the tutor is a student too?"

"Yes. One of the top ones of his school." Your mom turns around and makes a small smile.

"Please, just give him a chance. If you don't like him, we'll get another one. This is a temporary situation."

"Fine." You shrug. "What's the worst that can happen?"

*

Ding dong

Upon hearing the door bell, You got up from your couch to open the door.

It's not like you were expecting much from the tutor your mom arranged for you. You imagined that he could be a college student, probably with glasses and short hair, wearing shirt and trousers.

To your surprise, he was nothing like that.

His hair wasn't short but not long either. He wasn't wearing glasses and had T-shirt and pants on. He seemed about the same age as you. The only extravagant things was hair, that looked like a braid.

And he was handsome.

"Hum... Are you (Y/N)?" The boys asks, a bit hesitating.

You nod with a smile. "Yes, I am. It's a pleasure to meet you ...?" You raise an eyebrow.

"Oh, I'm Atsushi. I'll be your tutor."

You couldn't hide her surprise. "You seem a bit young for a tutor."

Atsushi smiles and something twisted inside your stomach. "Yeah, I hear that a lot. But knowledge has no age."

You blink before sighing. "I guess you're right." You gesture to the inside of her house. "Please, come in."

As they were heading towards her bedroom, she couldn't help but ask.

"But seriously, what's your age?"

Atsushi smirked. "How old do you think I am?"

"Well, you seem about the same age as me. So I would say 17?"

"Correct!" The boy exclaims, as if you had solved some great problem.

You open the door to your bedroom and you both entered. Atsushi places his bag on your bed, taking the necessary materials for the tutor session while you organized her desk so you two they have enough space.

"So what was your score on the test?" Atsushi asks.

You avoid his eyes. "Didn't my mother tell you?" You mumbles.

"Yes. But I think that it is important to say out loud our grades. It's a sign that we are admitting what we have to improve."

You pursue your lips and look at your hands. "It was..."

"I can't hear."

"It was 51%!" You yell.

Atsushi places his hand your shoulder, making you to look at him. "See? It wasn't that hard. And now, we will improve on that." The boy makes a reassuring smile that made your heart jump for some reason.

The next hour consisted in the you making many exercises, with Atsushi explaining you everything you didn't understand.

"So, if you do this and then use this formula, the exercise becomes very easy." Atsushi says as you take notes.

"That's really helpful! I wish my math teacher would explain things like you!" Your eyes twinkle with happiness as you finally understand how to solve the exercise.

Atsushi laughed a bit upon your excitement and found the behavior cute.

"Well, thanks. Now, let's continue."

"Hai!"

You made a huge effort to concentrate on the tasks before you but you were finding it difficult. Why? Because every time Atsushi would lean closer to you to see what you were doing, your heart seemed like it was about to explode.

What the heck is wrong with you? You thought, talking to your heart. Stop! I have just met Atsushi, why are you behaving like that?!

You drop your pencil. You lean to grab it when you feel your her fingers touching another ones. You look up to see Atsushi also grabbing your pencil.

You stared at each other for a few seconds before Atsushi broke the contact by putting the pencil on the desk.

He coughed and avoided looking at you. "L-Let's go."

You felt yourself blush. "H-Hai."

*

Eventually, the study session ended. Atsushi packed his things and you accompanied him to the door.

"This went very well."He comments. "You're one the best students I tutor. I think that it was just bad luck on that test."

"I wasn't feeling very well that day." You say.

Atsushi shrugs. "It happens. Then... I guess I'll be back next week?"

You lean your head and smile. "Yes! I'll be looking forward to it."

Atsushi smiles and turns around to leave. But before you could close yourher door, he quickly turned around again.

"Actually!" He exclaims with a slight blush on his cheeks. "Can I see you tomorrow?"

"Oh, you can't next week?" You ask.

"N-No, it's not like that. I was w-wondering if you would want to go on a d-date with me tomorrow." He looked at the ground, scratching his neck.

You didn't know you could feel so much happiness.

You scoot closer to him and kiss his cheek, making the boy's eyes widen.

"I would love to!"

Atsushi makes a bright smile. "Then I'll text you later!"

You giggle. "Okay!"

The boy leaves and you enter your house, leaning against the door.

You place a hand on your her chest, feeling your her quick heartbeat.

"Thank you, mom!"