You Had An Accident? - Matsuno Chifuyu

Based on episode 8 of the fifth season of "The Black List".

For this one-shot, you two are married and have a 3 year-old son, named Makoto

"CAN'T YOU GO ANY FASTER?!" Chifuyu screams to the ambulance driver, frustration laced in every word.

"Please, (Y/N), stay with me." He pleads to you, desperation laced in every word.

"C-Chifuyu." You whisper, coughing blood. "I... I r-really wanted to go to that zoo with y-you and M-Makoto." You feel your eyes getting heavy, and you start to close them. "Please t-tell him about m-me."

"(Y/N)! Open your eyes!" Chifuyu shouts, eyes frantically roaming over you face. "You are telling him yourself!"

"Her pulse is lowering!" One of the paramedics say, injecting you with some liquid Chifuyu was ignorant about.

"She's losing too much blood!" Another says, trying to stop the bleeding wounds. "She'll need a blood transfusion ready at the hospital."

"She's (your type of blood)." Chifuyu manages to say, eyes widen, despair written all over his face. He was dirty with dirt and blood and sweat, breathing heavily, his own blood gushing out from a minor wound. But he didn't care about any of that, not when you were unconscious, blood all around the sheets of the litter.

The medic nods, and then are quick contacts between the crew and the hospital, to have you go into surgery immediately.

She'll die if it isn't right now.

She can die even if it's right now.

Finally, the ambulance stops in front of the hospital, and Chifuyu rushes with the medics and nurses, his eyes never leaving you.

"We're losing her! Quick, give her CPR!" Then they pass through the doors leading to the surgical area.

"You can't enter." One of the male nurses' steps in front of him in the moment they took you to the surgery area. Chifuyu just dodged and rushed ahead - or at least tried, but the nurse was strong and quick, and blocked his way.

"I have to see her!" Chifuyu cries out, tears running down his cheeks. "She can die! I must be with her! I can't lose anyone else!"

The nurse's expression softens only slightly, his grip still steel. "I understand the feeling of hopeleness. But you can't do anything but wait and pray and leave the rest to us. We'll do our best."

"You have to save her! You..." Suddenly he was out of strength and felt himself sliding to the floor. "You have to..."

The nurse narrows his eyes at him, and then sees the blood dripping onto the white floor. "Hey, you're wounded!"

Chifuyu looked with void eyes at the wound in his leg, but didn't really feel the pain. His thoughts were nothing but of you.

Just as the nurse was about to lift him up, Takemichi, Mikey, Draken, and the rest of the gang arrive, all panting, all worried.

Chifuyu registers their presences, and then starts crying again.

*

You slowly open your eyes, feeling them heavy and tired. You have a slight headache, and you let your half-closed eyes roam over the unfamiliar ceiling, registering the surroundings.

Where... Where am I? Why do you feel so dizzy? I can't think... straight.

It's then that you hear a voice. Chifuyu. You slowly turn your head to the direction of the voice. Most of his back was to you, as he read passages of some book aloud.

Wait... That's (your favorite book).

In slow motions, you reach out your hand, the tip of your fingers - they look so thin - touching him lightly on the neck. He gives a startled jump forward, and quickly turns around, eyes widening at the sight of you.

His handsome face immediately breaks into a smile of happiness and relief. "(Y/N)! You're..." Tears were at the corner of his eyes. "You're awake. You're awake." He repeats. "Makoto will be so happy."

You try to speak, but you find you can't. Your throat hurt like hell. You gesture writing something in the air, and he immediately goes gather a pen and paper.

In a bad calligraphy, you write 'How long?'

His expression then turns a bit sadder. "It's been... It's been 10 months, (Y/N)."

Your eyes widen in shock, and you heart seemed to slow down. 10 months? You had been in a coma for 10 months? You let the shock sink in, before you take the pen again.

'How are you?' You ask next.

"Me?" Chifuyu gives a laugh in disbelief. "You should be concerned about you. I'm fine, I have recovered." He steps away so you can see his whole body and then he smiles brightly. "I was just waiting for you."

'All this time?'

"Of course. I love you."

'Makoto?'

"He's grown a lot." Chifuyu says, sitting in the chair next to your bed, taking your hand in his. "He's been doing all kind of activities. And he's been drawing you a lot. He even tried to write a letter."

'A letter?' You make a small smile. You wanted so badly to see your child.

Chifuyu nods. "He asked me to tell him the letters and how to write them, so he's been busy."

'Has he seen him like this?'

Your husband shakes his head, eyes turning sad. "You were... You were intubated and full of catheters injected in you. I didn't want him to remember you like that."

You nod slightly. 'You did well. I didn't want that either.'

You don't write anything else, and just watch his face, the sun making his hair glow. He watches you back, his face close, his fingers smoothing the hairs on your forehead gently.

You are so grateful you are alive. You are so glad you survived. You feel so blessed to have him by your side, so loving to you.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispers, his hot breath against your skin. "I'm not sure I should – or if you want it."

You smile as you touch his cheek, and nod. As if there would be a day when you wouldn't want to be kissed by him.

He smiles back and closes the gap between you two. The kiss was so soft, the barest brush of his lips against yours. And yet, you felt all the love behind it.

When he pulls away and sits down, you take the pen and paper again. 'What did I miss?'

"Oh, a lot." He says casually. "A zombie apocalypse, the aliens, the discovery of time-travel. You slept through it all, you are the only one to blame for missing out all those things."

You would have laughed if you could, but instead smile with joy. He sounded like the 15-year old boy he had once been.

'You are an idiot. A lovely idiot, though.'