You Were An Idol? - Inui Seishu

SPOILERS FOR INUI'S BACKSTORY

"So cry out for as long as you wish..." You finish, making a pose. You are smiling brightly, breathing heavily, sweat glistening on your face. You feel a rush of adrenaline, of excitement, while taking in the grand reaction of the audience of thousands, as they clapped and screamed your name.

This is the best feeling.

"Thank you so much for coming! It makes me really, really happy to have you all by my side!" You bow, grabbing your mic with both hands. "The autograph and photograph session will start in a short while, and I hope I can see you all!"

As you wave energetically and leave the stage, the screaming voices of your fans becoming as one, you feel only contempt. Another show well done.

The staff gives you their congratulations, and you go to your dressing room to rest for a bit. You feel exhausted, so you take a short nap before your manager wakes you up to meet you fans. You give a few pats on your cheeks, splash water over you face, and then you are ready.

The session went smoothly, the fans nice and kind. You always loved to meet them. Most of them were girls, or women, or parents with their kids. An occasional boy and man.

What caught your attention was when a young man, about your age, stepped in front of you. He was alone.

"Hello!" You greet, smiling.

"Hi." He says, rather distant. You fight the urge to frown. Everyone was always excited to meet you.

"So..." You start, when he doesn't say anything else. "What will you want?"

He takes a paper from his jacket's pocket, and then a photograph of a young girl, that looked like his sister. They are really similar.

"Can you autograph both? Please?" He adds the last words.

You nod as you take out your pen. "Of course! My pleasure. To whom?"

"Inui Akane."

"Do you want anything specific for me to write?"

The boy looks at the ground for a while, considering. He was handsome, despite the scar (How did he get it?) but somehow he looked like he had a sad aura around him.

"You can write 'Here, I came as you wanted'."

You giggle, scribbling. "Well, I like to think my concerts aren't that torturous."

He doesn't answer. Even so, you try to make more conversation. "How old is she? She looks very pretty."

There was a moment of silence and you look up. His eyes, still distant, looked slightly sad. "She was 16."

Your eyes widen, realization hitting you suddenly. You stop writing, looking at the photo again. Your expression turns sad.

"Oh... I see."

"She was a big fan of yours." He continues. You look up again, surprised he was talking. "Knew all your songs, sang them everywhere. Akane was always bugging me to come to one of your concerts with her, but I never wanted." He pauses, swallowing. "So here I am now. Late, though."

You shake your head as you get up from your chair and grab his hands, joining them. His brows rise, as if in suspicion.

"I'm sure your sister... Akane-chan would very much hold this moment to her heart. I'm sure she is very happy, if not at least amused."

His eyes widen, and his expression softens ever so slightly, his lips forming the tiniest of smiles. But a smile, nevertheless. "Yeah, I think she's amused. Or making fun of me. One of the two."

Your lips corner up, and your grip his hands one last time before letting them go. He picks up the paper and the photo, and stares at your writing.

"Thank you."

You were about to wave your hand dismissively, before you understood his true meaning. You close your eyes and cock your head, smiling. "You're welcome!"

He was leaving, and you sit down, but you get up again, calling after him. "Hey! What's your name?"

He stops and turns only his head around. "Inui Seishu."

"I hope we meet again!"